Queens Street Fairs & St Festivals 2019
I. Queens Street Fair Dates & Maps 2019
Queens Street Fairs begin in April. We've compiled one of THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE SCHEDULE of QUEENS street fairs including street fair TIMES & PHOTOS & maps, some street fair names & sponsors, and street fair maps to help you find your way around during the spring, summer and fall of 2019.
How This Queens Street Fair Page is Organized
The Queens street fairs and festivals on this page are organized
1) BY NEIGHBORHOOD and
2) BY DATE.
So to look through all of the Queens street fairs on a given weekend, you have to look through each neighborhood.
Use the Directory below - the links of which take you to each neighborhood - and after you are done looking at one neighborhood, hit the back button, and it will take you back to the Directory, where you can click to the next neighborhood section of the Queens - or you can keep scrolling down the page through each neighborhood section.
Queens Street Fair Updates - 2019
The Queens street fair dates that have been updated with 2019 designations reflect the current 2019 St Fair events.
ASTERISKED street fairs of 2018 have NOT been UPDATED, meaning the street fairs with 2018 / last years dates reflect the information regarding that fair last year.
UNCONFIRMEDS. The 'UNCONFIRMEDS' represent street fairs held in a prior year, which we believe are returning, but which we have not yet confirmed details for 2019.
UPDATES. The 2018 street fairs and the UNCONFIRMEDS will be updated as new information comes in.
Also check our Queens Events calendar and / or our Queens Farmers Markets section for updates and other things to do.
II. Directory of Street Fairs in Queens Spring, Summer & Fall 2019
Click these bookmarks to take you to a Queens neighborhood listing of street fairs on this page.
Also Check Our Monthly Queens Events / Things To Do Calendar
III. Window Shop Online & Then Visit Local Stores
Like we did last year, this year we've also included links to maps showing local shops and restaurants, as well as providing links to the home pages of many local shops and merchants. The home pages include slide shows of local store merchandise so you can preview the store online to make best use of your time.
Many of these merchants will ship / deliver merchandise, so you can call ahead to pick up items or have them delivered [those who deliver or ship will state it on their home page], or you can make lists of things to pick up at local stores online so that while you're out shopping you can make best use of your time. We suggest printing out the online maps to make notes of merchandise that interests you, or click into the online photo album and print out photos.
Window Shop Online & Save Time: Here's How
- Window shop using the maps, links and home pages on this site
- Make your lists and / or call ahead for pick up or delivery [where applicable]
- Go to the store to pick up items and / or to shop / examine the merchandise prior to purchase
- This makes your day more efficient, hassle-free & leaves more time for you to relax at a local cafe or restaurant ... or at home
Also See Sunnyside / Woodside Below
April - Street Fairs Astoria & Long Island City LIC St Fairs
- Sunday, April 7, 2019 from 10 am - 6 pm - Astoria 31st Avenue Spring Festival - Along 31st Street from Ditmars Blvd to 21st Avenue sponsored by the Kiwanis Club - street fairs in Astoria.
- Sunday, April 14, 2019 from 10 am - 6 pm - Steinway Street Cultural Festival along Steinway Street from 28th to 34th Avenue. Sponsored by Central Astoria LDC.
May - Street Fairs Astoria & Long Island City LIC St Fairs
- Thursday, May 9, 2019 from 10 am - 6 pm - Court Square Food Fair - Along 45th Avenue from 23rd Street to Jackson Avenue in LIC.
- Saturday, May 11, 2019 from 12 noon - 5 pm - LIC Spring [formerly Flings] - LIC Street Festival along Vernon Blvd between 50th Avenue and 46th Avenue in Long Island City LIC. Mostly local performers & some food sponsored by the LIC business improvement district.
- [May be Transitioning to new format of smaller scale / more regular events vs one big show in May / I'll get back to you when I know more] - Old - Wednesday thru Sunday, May 16 - 20, 2018 / Open Galleries Saturday & Sunday from 12 noon - 6 pm & other events / times - LIC Arts Open Studios - It appears the LIC Arts Open Street Fair along Vernon Blvd, Jackson Avenue and in the Queens Plaza area has been dropped from the festival this year. Admission to open studios is free, possibly some exceptions. Opportunity to visit artists' studios as well as some performances. For details see LICArtsOpen.org.
- Thursday through Sunday, May 16 - 19, 2019 runs 6 pm - 11 pm [Thurs / Fri] and 1 pm - 11 pm [Sat / Sun] - 43rd Annual Greek Festival at St Demetrios Church on 31st Avenue and 30th Drive. Old fashioned town fair including traditional Greek food, good rides and prizes for the kids, and Greek cultural music and dance entertainment. Click here for St Demetrios street fair map. 718.728.1718.
- Sunday, May 19, 2019 from 10 am - 6 pm - Astoria 31st Street Spring Festival - Along 31st Street from Ditmars Blvd to 21st Avenue sponsored by the Astoria Restoration Association.
- Monday, May 27, 2019 from 10 am to 6 pm - Broadway Astoria Memorial Day Fair / by Broadway Merchants & Professionals - Along Broadway from 42nd Street to Crescent St.
June - Astoria Street Fairs & St Fairs Long Island City LIC
- Saturday, June 1, 2019 from 10 am to 3 pm - Mount Sinai Health Fair - At the Kaufman Astoria Studios Lot on 36th Street at 35th Avenue next to the Museum of the Moving Image. The LIC / Astoria street fair includes family health screenings including cholesterol, blood pressure, glucose, bone density, as well as massage therapies, yoga, kids' area, facepaintings and giveaways.
- Wednesday, June 12, 2019 from 5.30 - 8.30 pm - Taste of LIC at the Kaufman Astoria Studios Back Lot on 36th Street at 35th Avenue next to the Museum of the Moving Image. Proceeds go to the Chocolate Factory Theatre. Admission $65 / $75 & up. Food festivals in Astoria Queens.
- [UNCONFIRMED - but very likely to happen] Thursday thru Sunday, June 13 - 16, 2019 from 5 pm - 10 pm weekdays and until 12 pm on Sat & Sun - St Antonio Abate Of Castrofilippo Fraternal Club - This Astoria street fair is along Ditmars Blvd from 35th to 38th Streets. Food, music, fair with rides for kids.
ASTERISKED EVENTS HAVE NOT BEEN UPDATED.
Also see nearby Neighborhood sections.
July - Astoria Street Fairs & St Fairs Long Island City LIC
- * Sunday, July 8, 2018 from 10 am - 6 pm - Broadway Astoria Summerfest - Along Broadway between Steinway Street and 47th Street in Astoria. Broadway Astoria Spring Fest sponsored by 114th Precinct Civilian Observation Patrol.
- * July 26 - July 29, 2018 - Thurs / Fri / Sat / Sun - 5 pm to 11 pm - St Irene Chrysovalantou Church - This Astoria street fair is along 23rd Avenue from 36th Street to the Amtrak trestle. Traditional Greek food, Greek folklore dances every night and rides for the kids.
- * Sunday, July 29, 2018 from 10 am to 6 pm - 30th Avenue Astoria Festival / by Friends of Community Board One - This Astoria street fair is along 30th Avenue from 29th Street to Steinway St.
August - Street Fairs Astoria & Long Island City LIC St Fairs
- * August 4 & 5, 2018 - InSitu Dance Festival along the East River waterfront. See front page late Friday 8.3.18 for details.
- * Sunday, August 12, 2018 from 10 am to 6 pm - Steinway Street Festival - Along Steinway Street between 28th and 34th Avenues. Street fairs in Astoria Queens NYC.
- * Saturday, August 18, 2018 from 10 am - 2 pm - CLAY CLUB [formerly the LIC Block Party] - This was an LIC street fair that has moved back within the Sculpture Center at 44-19 Purves Street in LIC. The event features 2000 lbs of clay for people to use to make sculptures in addition to art, music, artists’ market w/ affordable art objects and food and drink from local food vendors / restaurateurs. Free and open to public.
September - Street Fairs Astoria & Long Island City LIC St Fairs
- * Monday, September 3, 2018 from 10 am to 6 pm - 30th Avenue Astoria Labor Day Festival - Along 30th Avenue from 29th Street to 41st Street - St Fairs in Astoria Queens NYC by 30th Avenue Business Association.
- * Sunday, September 9, 2018 from 10 am to 6 pm - Astoria Alive Street Festival - Along 31st Street between Ditmars Blvd and 21st Avenue. Street fairs in Astoria Queens NYC. Astoria street fairs sponsored by the Astoria Restoration Association.
- * Thursday through Sunday, September 13 - 16, 2018 from 5 - 10 pm Thurs / 5 - 11 pm Fri & Sat / 1 - 10 pm Sun - Hellenic Orthodox Traditionalist Church of America [St Markella] celebrates patron feast day. Along 26th Street between 22nd & 23rd Avenues.
- * Saturday, September 29, 2018 from 12 noon - 9 pm - St Francis of Assissi Carnival - At 21-18 46th Street between 21st Avenue & Ditmars in Astoria - street fairs in Astoria. Food, face painting, games, live music, entertainment & things for sale.
- * Thursday, September 27, 2018 from 10 am - 6 pm - Court Square Food Fair - Along 45th Avenue from Jackson Avenue to 23rd Street - St Fairs in LIC Long Island City Queens NYC.
- * Sunday, September 30, 2018 from 10 am to 6 pm - Broadway Astoria Festival - Along Broadway Street from 47th Street to Crescent Street. Street fairs by Broadway Merchants & Professionals.
October - Astoria Street Fairs & St Fairs Long Island City LIC
- * Saturday, October 6, 2018 from 11 am to 5 pm - Fall for Arts Festival - In Southpoint Park at FDR Four Freedoms Park on the Rivercross Lawn on Roosevelt Island. A day full of activities for everyone including rides from 1 - 3 pm, games, arts & crafts and musical performances.
- * Saturday, October 6, 2018 from 12 noon - 2 pm - Columbus Day Parade - Kicks off from Kaufman Astoria Studios at 34-12 36th Street, marches north on Steinway, west on 30th Avenue and then turns north on 33rd Street ending at Columbus Triangle at Astoria Blvd.
- * [I believe on hiatus in 2018?] Sunday, October 8, 2017 from 10 am to 6 pm - Steinway Street Festival - Along Steinway Street from 25th Avenue to 28th Avenue in Astoria sponsored by the Muslim American Society.
- * Sunday, October 21, 2018 from 10 am - 6 pm - 36th Avenue Astoria Festival - Along 36th Avenue from 29th to 35th Street. Astoria St Fairs sponsored by the Dutch Kills Civic Association.
Also see the Queens General section below
April St Fairs - Forest Hills, Glendale, Ridgewood, Rego Park & Kew Gardens
- Sunday, April 7, 2019 from 10 am to 6 pm - Forest Hills Queens Blvd Festival Fair - Along Queens Blvd between 70th Road and Yellowstone Blvd.
- Saturday, April 27, 2019 from 12 noon - 6 pm - 3rd Annual New Amsterdam Festival at the Vander-Ende Onderdonk House at 1820 Flushing Avenue in Ridgewood. Food, Entertainment, Dutch culture, traditional Dutch market with local artists and merchants, crafts, games, self-guided tours of the historic Onderdonk House home of the Ridgewood Historical Society admission $5 Adults / Kids free.
- Sunday, April 28, 2019 from 10 am to 6 pm - Myrtle Avenue Queens Spring Fair & Festival - Along Myrtle Avenue between Wyckoff Avenue and Stephen Street.
- Sunday, April 28, 2019 [rain date 5/5] from 8 am - 3 pm - Spring Fling Car Show & Blood Drive - at the Maspeth Federal Savings Bank parking lot at 69th Street off Grand Avenue in Maspeth. Sponsored by East Coast Car Association To