Forest Hills Gardens - Forest Hills NY
[HISTORY BRIEF] Forest Hills Gardens were originally a wide swath of acreage owned by the Cord Meyer Development Company which gave the section its name in 1906. Roughly between 1910 - 1912 Margaret Slocum Sage, the widow of a wealthy financier, Russell Sage, commissioned the 142 acres she owned to be built into an English style garden city which was in vogue at the time. For this effort she commissioned Frederick Olmstead Jr, an architect. We understand that one of the Roosevelts was involved in some of the festivities celebrating the opening of this community.