Astoria Street Fairs / LIC St Fairs 2018
LIC St Fairs & Astoria Street Fairs In 2018
Our Queens Street Fairs section began in April 2010. We've compiled a schedule of many of the upcoming Astoria street fairs [and Long Island City LIC Street Fairs] below, including maps of the street fair locations, to help you find your way around the street festivals this spring, summer and fall.
ASTORIA ST FAIRS have been updated for the early part of 2018. Fairs marked with an asterisk * have been updated to 2018 and those not marked with an asterisk have not been updated. Summer street fair updates to follow in early Spring for the first half of the season. UNCONFIRMED events indicate we believe the event will be re-occurring on this weekend, but we have not yet received confirmation.
Also check our Queens Events calendar in the Street Fair section for updates and other things to do.
II. Window-Shop Online & Then Visit Local Stores
These links enable you to find merchandise online at local stores. You can make best use of your time by calling ahead for pick up or delivery [where applicable] or make lists of things to pick up at local stores while you're out shopping. We suggest printing out the online maps to make notes of merchandise that interests you, or click into the online photo album and print out photos.
Window Shop Online & Save Time: Here's How
- Window shop using the maps, links and home pages on this site
- Make your lists and / or call ahead for pick up or delivery [where applicable]
- Go to the store to pick up items and / or to shop / examine the merchandise prior to purchase
- This makes your day more efficient, hassle-free & leaves more time for you to relax at a local cafe or restaurant or at home
Also See Sunnyside / Woodside Below
April - Street Fairs Astoria & Long Island City LIC St Fairs
- * Sunday, April 22, 2018 from 10 am - 6 pm - Astoria 31st Avenue Spring Festival - Along 31st Street from Ditmars Blvd to 21st Avenue sponsored by the Kiwanis Club - street fairs in Astoria.
- * Sunday, April 29, 2019 from 10 am - 6 pm - Steinway Street Cultural Festival along Steinway Street from 28th to 34th Avenue. Sponsored by Central Astoria LDC.
May - Street Fairs Astoria & Long Island City LIC St Fairs
- * Saturday, May 12, 2018 from 12 noon - 5 pm - LIC Spring [formerly Flings] - LIC Street Festival along Vernon Blvd between 50th Avenue and 46th Avenue in Long Island City LIC. Mostly local performers & some food sponsored by the LIC business improvement district.
- * Wednesday thru Sunday, May 16 - 20, 2018 / Open Galleries Saturday & Sunday from 12 noon - 6 pm & other events / times - LIC Arts Open Studios - It appears the LIC Arts Open Street Fair along Vernon Blvd, Jackson Avenue and in the Queens Plaza area has been dropped from the festival this year. Admission to open studios is free, possibly some exceptions. Opportunity to visit artists' studios as well as some performances. For details see LICArtsOpen.org.
- * Thursday through Sunday, May 17 - 20, 2018 from 5 pm - 11 pm [Thurs / Fri] and 1 pm - 11 pm [Sat / Sun] - 42nd Annual Greek Festival at St Demetrios Church on 31st Avenue and 30th Drive. Old fashioned town fair. Good Greek food, good rides and lots of fun for the kids. Click here for St Demetrios street fair map. 718.728.1718.
- * Sunday, May 20, 2018 from 10 am - 6 pm - Astoria 31st Street Spring Festival - Along 31st Street from Ditmars Blvd to 21st Avenue sponsored by the Astoria Restoration Association.
- * Monday, May 28, 2018 from 10 am to 6 pm - Broadway Astoria Memorial Day Fair / by Broadway Merchants & Professionals - Along Broadway from 42nd Street to Crescent St.
June - Astoria Street Fairs & St Fairs Long Island City LIC
- * Saturday, June 2, 2018 from 10 am to 3 pm - Mount Sinai Health Fair - at the Kaufman Astoria Studios Lot on 36th Street at 35th Avenue next to the Museum of the Moving Image. The LIC / Astoria street fair includes health screenings, yoga, kids' area and giveaways.
- * Tuesday, June 5, 2018 from 5.30 VIP / 5.30 - 8.30 pm - Taste of LIC at the Kaufman Astoria Studios Lot on 36th Street at 35th Avenue next to the Museum of the Moving Image. Proceeds go to the Chocolate Factory Theatre. Admission $65 / $75 & up / Proceeds go to the Chocolate Factory Theater.
- * Thursday thru Sunday, June 14 - 17, 2018 from 5 pm - 10 pm weekdays and until 12 pm on Sat & Sun - St Antonio Abate Of Castrofilippo Fraternal Club - This Astoria street fair is along Ditmars Blvd from 35th to 38th Streets. Food, music, fair with rides for kids.
July - Astoria Street Fairs & St Fairs Long Island City LIC
- * Sunday, July 8, 2018 from 10 am - 6 pm - Broadway Astoria Summerfest - Along Broadway between Steinway Street and 47th Street in Astoria. Broadway Astoria Spring Fest sponsored by 114th Precinct Civilian Observation Patrol.
- * July 26 - July 29, 2018 - Thurs / Fri / Sat / Sun - 5 pm to 11 pm - St Irene Chrysovalantou Church - This Astoria street fair is along 23rd Avenue from 36th Street to the Amtrak trestle. Traditional Greek food, Greek folklore dances every night and rides for the kids.
- * Sunday, July 29, 2018 from 10 am to 6 pm - 30th Avenue Astoria Festival / by Friends of Community Board One - This Astoria street fair is along 30th Avenue from 29th Street to Steinway St.
August - Street Fairs Astoria & Long Island City LIC St Fairs
- * August 4 & 5, 2018 - InSitu Dance Festival along the East River waterfront. See front page late Friday 8.3.18 for details.
- * Sunday, August 12, 2018 from 10 am to 6 pm - Steinway Street Festival - Along Steinway Street between 28th and 34th Avenues. Street fairs in Astoria Queens NYC.
- * Saturday, August 18, 2018 from 10 am - 2 pm - CLAY CLUB [formerly the LIC Block Party] - This was an LIC street fair that has moved back within the Sculpture Center at 44-19 Purves Street in LIC. The event features 2000 lbs of clay for people to use to make sculptures in addition to art, music, artists’ market w/ affordable art objects and food and drink from local food vendors / restaurateurs. Free and open to public.
September - Street Fairs Astoria & Long Island City LIC St Fairs
- * Monday, September 3, 2018 from 10 am to 6 pm - 30th Avenue Astoria Labor Day Festival - Along 30th Avenue from 29th Street to 41st Street - St Fairs in Astoria Queens NYC by 30th Avenue Business Association.
- * Sunday, September 9, 2018 from 10 am to 6 pm - Astoria Alive Street Festival - Along 31st Street between Ditmars Blvd and 21st Avenue. Street fairs in Astoria Queens NYC. Astoria street fairs sponsored by the Astoria Restoration Association.
- * Thursday through Sunday, September 13 - 16, 2018 from 5 - 10 pm Thurs / 5 - 11 pm Fri & Sat / 1 - 10 pm Sun - Hellenic Orthodox Traditionalist Church of America [St Markella] celebrates patron feast day. Along 26th Street between 22nd & 23rd Avenues.
- * Saturday, September 29, 2018 from 12 noon - 9 pm - St Francis of Assissi Carnival - At 21-18 46th Street between 21st Avenue & Ditmars in Astoria - street fairs in Astoria. Food, face painting, games, live music, entertainment & things for sale.
- * Thursday, September 27, 2018 from 10 am - 6 pm - Court Square Food Fair - Along 45th Avenue from Jackson Avenue to 23rd Street - St Fairs in LIC Long Island City Queens NYC.
- * Sunday, September 30, 2018 from 10 am to 6 pm - Broadway Astoria Festival - Along Broadway Street from 47th Street to Crescent Street. Street fairs by Broadway Merchants & Professionals.
October - Astoria Street Fairs & St Fairs Long Island City LIC
- * Saturday, October 6, 2018 from 11 am to 5 pm - Fall for Arts Festival - In Southpoint Park at FDR Four Freedoms Park on the Rivercross Lawn on Roosevelt Island. A day full of activities for everyone including rides from 1 - 3 pm, games, arts & crafts and musical performances.
- * Saturday, October 6, 2018 from 12 noon - 2 pm - Columbus Day Parade - Kicks off from Kaufman Astoria Studios at 34-12 36th Street, marches north on Steinway, west on 30th Avenue and then turns north on 33rd Street ending at Columbus Triangle at Astoria Blvd.
- * [I believe on hiatus in 2018?] Sunday, October 8, 2017 from 10 am to 6 pm - Steinway Street Festival - Along Steinway Street from 25th Avenue to 28th Avenue in Astoria sponsored by the Muslim American Society.
- * Sunday, October 21, 2018 from 10 am - 6 pm - 36th Avenue Astoria Festival - Along 36th Avenue from 29th to 35th Street. Astoria St Fairs sponsored by the Dutch Kills Civic Association.
ONLY ASTERISKED EVENTS HAVE BEEN UPDATED.
Also see nearby Neighborhood sections.
*** Click here to view a listing of all of the street fairs in Queens ***
Scroll Down to View a Map Of Queens Street Fairs & Festivals in Astoria / Long Island City or click here to view Bronx Street Fairs / st fairs in the Bronx.
Queens Street Fairs In Astoria / LIC
Browse Nearby Restaurants And / Or Shops Online
Click here to view the Astoria neighborhood shopping center containing information and links to the home pages of some of the restaurants and shops located in the Astoria neighborhood. Click this link to view Astoria shops, restaurants and cultural organizations maps.
Click this link to view the LIC / Long Island City neighborhood shopping center containing information and links to the home pages of some of the restaurants and shops located in the LIC / Long Island City neighborhood. Click this link to view Long Island City / LIC shops, restaurants and cultural organization maps.
Astoria Street Fairs / Long Island City, LIC Street Fairs - Nearby Shops
Click here for links to the nearby neighborhood Shopping Centers of each of these neighborhoods:
- Astoria Shopping Center
- Long Island City Shopping Center
- You can also click this link into the Queens Business Directory to find local merchants and merchandise.
- Site Search Tips. 1) For best results, when typing in more than one word, use quotation marks - eg "Astoria Park". 2) Also try either singular or plural words when searching for a specific item such as "gym" or "gyms".
Click this link to search for something in our Queens Business Directory containing over 1,000 listings.
Send this story to a friend by filling in the appropriate box below.