Astoria Street Fairs / LIC St Fairs 2019
LIC St Fairs & Astoria Street Fairs In 2019
I. Schedule & Maps Of Street Fairs In Astoria & LIC Queens
LIC & Astoria Street Fairs begin in April. We've compiled one of THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE SCHEDULE of ASTORIA / LIC street fairs including street fair TIMES & PHOTOS & maps, some street fair names & sponsors, and street fair maps to help you find your way around during the spring, summer and fall of 2019.
How This Astoria Street Fair Page is Organized
The LIC / Astoria street fairs and festivals on this page are organized
1) BY NEIGHBORHOOD and
2) BY DATE.
So to look through all of the Astoria street fairs on a given weekend, you have to look through each neighborhood.
Use the Directory below - the links of which take you to each neighborhood - and after you are done looking at one neighborhood, hit the back button, and it will take you back to the Directory, where you can click to the next neighborhood section of Astoria - or you can keep scrolling down the page through each neighborhood section.
Astoria Street Fair Updates - 2019
The Astoria street fair dates that have been updated with 2019 designations reflect the current 2019 St Fair events.
ASTERISKED street fairs of 2018 have NOT been UPDATED, meaning the street fairs with 2018 / last years dates reflect the information regarding that fair last year.
UNCONFIRMED events indicate we believe the event will be re-occurring on this weekend, but we have not yet received confirmation.
UPDATES. The 2018 street fairs and the UNCONFIRMEDS will be updated as new information comes in.
Also check our Queens Events calendar and / or our Queens Street Fairs section for updates and other things to do.
II. Window-Shop Online & Then Visit Local Stores
These links enable you to find merchandise online at local stores. You can make best use of your time by calling ahead for pick up or delivery [where applicable] or make lists of things to pick up at local stores while you're out shopping. We suggest printing out the online maps to make notes of merchandise that interests you, or click into the online photo album and print out photos.
Window Shop Online & Save Time: Here's How
- Window shop using the maps, links and home pages on this site
- Make your lists and / or call ahead for pick up or delivery [where applicable]
- Go to the store to pick up items and / or to shop / examine the merchandise prior to purchase
- This makes your day more efficient, hassle-free & leaves more time for you to relax at a local cafe or restaurant or at home
Also See Sunnyside / Woodside Below
April - Street Fairs Astoria & Long Island City LIC St Fairs
- Sunday, April 7, 2019 from 10 am - 6 pm - Astoria 31st Avenue Spring Festival - Along 31st Street from Ditmars Blvd to 21st Avenue sponsored by the Kiwanis Club - street fairs in Astoria.
- Sunday, April 14, 2019 from 10 am - 6 pm - Steinway Street Cultural Festival along Steinway Street from 28th to 34th Avenue. Sponsored by Central Astoria LDC.
May - Street Fairs Astoria & Long Island City LIC St Fairs
- Saturday, May 11, 2019 from 12 noon - 5 pm - LIC Spring [formerly Flings] - LIC Street Festival along Vernon Blvd between 50th Avenue and 46th Avenue in Long Island City LIC. Mostly local performers & some food sponsored by the LIC business improvement district.
- [May be Transitioning to new format of smaller scale / more regular events vs one big show in May / I'll get back to you when I know more] - Old - Wednesday thru Sunday, May 16 - 20, 2018 / Open Galleries Saturday & Sunday from 12 noon - 6 pm & other events / times - LIC Arts Open Studios - It appears the LIC Arts Open Street Fair along Vernon Blvd, Jackson Avenue and in the Queens Plaza area has been dropped from the festival this year. Admission to open studios is free, possibly some exceptions. Opportunity to visit artists' studios as well as some performances. For details see LICArtsOpen.org.
- Thursday through Sunday, May 16 - 19, 2019 runs 6 pm - 11 pm [Thurs / Fri] and 1 pm - 11 pm [Sat / Sun] - 43rd Annual Greek Festival at St Demetrios Church on 31st Avenue and 30th Drive. Old fashioned town fair including traditional Greek food, good rides and prizes for the kids, and Greek cultural music and dance entertainment. Click here for St Demetrios street fair map. 718.728.1718.
- Sunday, May 19, 2019 from 10 am - 6 pm - Astoria 31st Street Spring Festival - Along 31st Street from Ditmars Blvd to 21st Avenue sponsored by the Astoria Restoration Association.
- Monday, May 27, 2019 from 10 am to 6 pm - Broadway Astoria Memorial Day Fair / by Broadway Merchants & Professionals - Along Broadway from 42nd Street to Crescent St.
June - Astoria Street Fairs & St Fairs Long Island City LIC
- Saturday, June 1, 2019 from 10 am to 3 pm - Mount Sinai Health Fair - At the Kaufman Astoria Studios Lot on 36th Street at 35th Avenue next to the Museum of the Moving Image. The LIC / Astoria street fair includes family health screenings including cholesterol, blood pressure, glucose, bone density, as well as massage therapies, yoga, kids' area, facepaintings and giveaways.
- Wednesday through Sunday, June 5 - 9, 2019 - The Astoria Park Carnival began earlier this week and runs through the weekend - click for details on the Astoria Park Carnival this weekend.
- Wednesday, June 12, 2019 from 5.30 - 8.30 pm - Taste of LIC at the Kaufman Astoria Studios Back Lot on 36th Street at 35th Avenue next to the Museum of the Moving Image. Proceeds go to the Chocolate Factory Theatre. Admission $65 / $75 & up. Food festivals in Astoria Queens.
- [UNCONFIRMED - but has gone on for many, many years] Thursday thru Sunday, June 13 - 16, 2019 from 5 pm - 10 pm weekdays and until 12 pm on Sat & Sun - St Antonio Abate Of Castrofilippo Fraternal Club - This Astoria street fair is along Ditmars Blvd from 35th to 38th Streets. Food, music, fair with rides for kids.
- Sunday, June 16, 2019 from 11 am - 2.30 pm - 2nd Annual Fathers Day Classic Car Show at Astoria Park. Along Shore Blvd adjacent to Astoria Park near the Great Lawn. In addition to the vintage cars there will be food vendors, gift vendors and entertainment. Organized by the Astoria Park Alliance and the Old Astoria Neighborhood Assn.
July - Astoria Street Fairs & St Fairs Long Island City LIC
- Sunday, July 7, 2019 from 10 am - 6 pm - Broadway Astoria Summerfest - Along Broadway between 21st and 31st Streets in Astoria. Broadway Astoria Spring Fest sponsored by 114th Precinct Civilian Observation Patrol.
- Wednesday - Sunday, July 24 - July 28, 2019 - Thurs / Fri / Sat / Sun - 5 pm to 11 pm - St Irene Chrysovalantou Church - This Astoria street fair is along 23rd Avenue from 36th Street to the Amtrak trestle. Traditional Greek food, Greek folklore dances every night and rides for the kids.
- Sunday, July 28, 2019 from 10 am to 6 pm - 30th Avenue Astoria Festival / by Friends of Community Board One - This Astoria street fair is along 30th Avenue from 29th Street to Steinway St.
August - Street Fairs Astoria & Long Island City LIC St Fairs
- ON HIATUS IN 2019 - August 4 & 5, 2018 - InSitu Dance Festival along the East River waterfront. See front page late Friday 8.3.18 for details.
- Sunday, August 11, 2019 from 10 am to 6 pm - Steinway Street Festival - Along Steinway Street between 28th and 34th Avenues. Street fairs in Astoria Queens NYC.
- LOOKS TO BE ON HIATUS / DISCONTINUED FOR 2019 * Saturday, August 18, 2018 from 10 am - 2 pm - CLAY CLUB [formerly the LIC Block Party] - This was an LIC street fair that has moved back within the Sculpture Center at 44-19 Purves Street in LIC. The event features 2000 lbs of clay for people to use to make sculptures in addition to art, music, artists’ market w/ affordable art objects and food and drink from local food vendors / restaurateurs. Free and open to public.
September - Street Fairs Astoria & Long Island City LIC St Fairs
- Monday, September 2, 2019 from 10 am to 6 pm - 30th Avenue Astoria Labor Day Festival - Along 30th Avenue from 29th Street to Steinway Street - St Fairs in Astoria Queens NYC by 30th Avenue Business Association.
- Thursday through Sunday, September 5 - 8, 2019 from 5 - 10 pm Thurs / 5 - 11 pm Fri & Sat / 1 - 10 pm Sun - Hellenic Orthodox Traditionalist Church of America [St Markella] celebrates patron feast day with traditional Greek food and unique arts and crafts. Along 22-68 26th Street between 22nd & 23rd Avenues in Astoria.
- Sunday, September 8, 2019 from 10 am to 6 pm - Broadway Astoria Festival - Along Broadway Street from 47th Street to Crescent Street. Street fairs by Broadway Merchants & Professionals.
- Saturday, September 14, 2019 from 3 - 7 pm - Art Walk along Steinway Street. There's a free art walk in Astoria along Steinway Street - click for details. CALDC BID.
- Saturday, September 28, 2019 from 12 noon - 9 pm - St Francis of Assissi Carnival - At 21-18 46th Street between 21st Avenue & Ditmars in Astoria - street fairs in Astoria. Food, face painting, games, live music, entertainment & things for sale.
- Saturday, September 28, 2019 from 11 am to 4 pm - Fall for Arts Festival - In Southpoint Park at FDR Four Freedoms Park on the Rivercross Lawn on Roosevelt Island. A day full of activities for everyone including kite flying, games, arts & crafts and musical performances. Free.
October - Astoria Street Fairs & St Fairs Long Island City LIC
- Saturday, October 12, 2019 from 12 noon - 2 pm - Columbus Day Parade - Kicks off from Kaufman Astoria Studios at 34-12 36th Street, marches north on Steinway, west on 30th Avenue and then turns north on 33rd Street ending at Columbus Triangle at Astoria Blvd around 1 pm where there's an ending ceremony. Rain or shine.
- Sunday, October 20, 2019 from 10 am to 6 pm - Astoria Alive Street Festival - Along 31st Street between Ditmars Blvd and 21st Avenue. Street fairs in Astoria Queens NYC. Astoria street fairs sponsored by the Astoria Restoration Association & organized by Meteor.
- Sunday, October 20, 2019 from 10 am - 6 pm - 36th Avenue Astoria Festival - Along 36th Avenue from 29th to 35th Street. Astoria St Fairs sponsored by the Dutch Kills Civic Association.
ASTERISKED EVENTS HAVE NOT BEEN UPDATED.
Also see nearby Neighborhood sections.
*** Click here to view a listing of all of the street fairs in Queens ***
Scroll Down to View a Map Of Queens Street Fairs & Festivals in Astoria / Long Island City or click here to view Bronx Street Fairs / st fairs in the Bronx.
Queens Street Fairs In Astoria / LIC
Browse Nearby Restaurants And / Or Shops Online
Click here to view the Astoria neighborhood shopping center containing information and links to the home pages of some of the restaurants and shops located in the Astoria neighborhood. Click this link to view Astoria shops, restaurants and cultural organizations maps.
Click this link to view the LIC / Long Island City neighborhood shopping center containing information and links to the home pages of some of the restaurants and shops located in the LIC / Long Island City neighborhood. Click this link to view Long Island City / LIC shops, restaurants and cultural organization maps.
Astoria Street Fairs / Long Island City, LIC Street Fairs - Nearby Shops
Click here for links to the nearby neighborhood Shopping Centers of each of these neighborhoods:
- Astoria Shopping Center
- Long Island City Shopping Center
- You can also click this link into the Queens Business Directory to find local merchants and merchandise.
- Site Search Tips. 1) For best results, when typing in more than one word, use quotation marks - eg "Astoria Park". 2) Also try either singular or plural words when searching for a specific item such as "gym" or "gyms".
Click this link to search for something in our Queens Business Directory containing over 1,000 listings.
Send this story to a friend by filling in the appropriate box below.