Astoria Street Fairs 2016
LIC & Astoria Street Fairs In 2016
Our Queens Street Fairs section began in April 2010. We've compiled a schedule of many of the upcoming Astoria street fairs [and Long Island City LIC Street Fairs] below, including maps of the street fair locations, to help you find your way around the street festivals this spring, summer and fall.
ASTORIA ST FAIRS HAVE BEEN UPDATED THRU MAY 2016. Fairs marked with an asterisk * have been updated to 2016. Summer street fair updates to follow closer in.
Also check our Queens Events calendar in the Street Fair section for updates and other things to do.
II. Window-Shop Online & Then Visit Local Stores
These links enable you to find merchandise online at local stores. You can make best use of your time by calling ahead for pick up or delivery [where applicable] or make lists of things to pick up at local stores while you're out shopping. We suggest printing out the online maps to make notes of merchandise that interests you, or click into the online photo album and print out photos.
Window Shop Online & Save Time: Here's How
- Window shop using the maps, links and home pages on this site
- Make your lists and / or call ahead for pick up or delivery [where applicable]
- Go to the store to pick up items and / or to shop / examine the merchandise prior to purchase
- This makes your day more efficient, hassle-free & leaves more time for you to relax at a local cafe or restaurant or at home
Also See Sunnyside / Woodside Below
April - Street Fairs Astoria & Long Island City LIC St Fairs
- *Sunday, April 3, 2016 from 10 am - 6 pm - Along Broadway between Steinway Street and 47th Street in Astoria. Broadway Astoria Spring Fest sponsored by 114th Precinct Civilian Observation Patrol.
- *Sunday, April 10, 2016 from 10 am - 6 pm - Festival along 31st Street between Ditmars Blvd and 21st Avenue. Sponsored by the Astoria Restoration Association.
- *Sunday, April 24, 2016 from 10 am - 6 pm - Steinway Street Festival along Steinway Street from 28th to 34th Avenue. Sponsored by Central Astoria LDC.
May - Street Fairs Astoria & Long Island City LIC St Fairs
- *Sunday, May 15, 2016 from 10 am - 6 pm - Astoria 31st Street Festival - Along 31st Street from Ditmars Blvd to 21st Avenue sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Astoria.
- *Saturday, May 14, 2016 from 12 noon - 5 pm - Spring Flings LIC Street Festival along Vernon Blvd between 50th Avenue and 46th Avenue in Long Island City LIC. Sponsored by LIC Partnership.
- * Thursday through Sunday, May 19 - 22, 2016 from 5 pm - 11 pm [Thurs / Fri] and 1 pm - 11 pm [Sat / Sun] - 42nd Annual Greek Festival at St Demetrios Church on 31st Avenue and 30th Drive. Old fashioned town fair. Good Greek food, good rides and lots of fun for the kids. Click here for St Demetrios street fair map.
- *Wednesday thru Monday, May 18 - 22, 2016 at various times - LIC Arts Open Street Fair - Details coming, but likely along Vernon Blvd, Jackson Avenue and in the Queens Plaza area. Admission mostly free, possibly exceptions.
- *Monday, May 30, 2016 from 10 am to 6 pm - Broadway Astoria Festival / by Broadway Merchants & Professionals - Along Broadway from Steinway to Crescent St.
June - Astoria Street Fairs & St Fairs Long Island City LIC
- *Monday, June 13, 2016 from 5.30 VIP / 6.30 - 8.30 pm - Taste of LIC at 49th Avenue and the East River / Gantry Park. Proceeds go to the Chocolate Factory Theatre. Admission $75 / $150 / $400.
- *Thursday thru Sunday, June 23, 24, 25 & 26, 2016 from 5 pm - 10 pm weekdays and until 12 pm on Sat & Sun - St Antonio Abate Of Castrofilippo Fraternal Club - This Astoria street fair is along Ditmars Blvd from 35th to 38th Streets. Food, music, fair with rides for kids.
July - Astoria Street Fairs & St Fairs Long Island City LIC
- *July 28 - July 31, 2016 - Thurs / Fri / Sat - 5 pm to 11 pm / Sun 12 noon - 10 pm - St Irene Chrysovalantou Church - This Astoria street fair is along 23rd Avenue from 36th Street to the Amtrak trestle. Traditional Greek food, Greek folklore dances every night and rides for the kids.
- *Sunday, July 31, 2016 from 11 am to 6 pm - 30th Avenue Astoria Festival / by Friends of Community Board One - This Astoria street fair is along 30th Avenue from 29th Street to Steinway St.
August - Street Fairs Astoria & Long Island City LIC St Fairs
- *Saturday, August 20, 2016 from - LIC Block Party - This LIC street fair is along Purves Street off Jackson Avenue in LIC [near Citibank Tower]. SculptureCenter & Purves Street Block Association features art, live music and performances, artists’ market w/ affordable art objects, and food options from local restaurants.
- *Sunday, August 21, 2016 from 12 noon to 6 pm - Steinway Street Festival - Along Steinway Street between 28th Avenue and 34th Avenue.
Asterisk* means updated for 2016.
Most of the street fairs July thru Nov have not yet been updated / Scroll down to next neighborhood.
September - Street Fairs Astoria & Long Island City LIC St Fairs
- Monday, September 7, 2015 from 12 noon to 6 pm - 30th Avenue Astoria Festival / by 30th Avenue Business Association - Along 30th Avenue from 29th Street to 41st Street
- Thursday through Sunday, September 17 - 20, 2015 from 5 - 11 pm - Hellenic Orthodox Traditionalist Church of America [St Markella] celebrates patron feast day. Along 26th Street between 22nd & 23rd Avenues.
- Sunday, September 13, 2015 from 12 noon to 6 pm - Astoria Alive Street Festival - Along 31st Street from Ditmars Blvd to 21st Avenue sponsored by the Astoria Restoration Association.
- Saturday, September 26, 2015 from 12 noon - 9 pm - St Francis of Assissi Carnival - At 21-18 46th Street between 21st Avenue & Ditmars in Astoria - street fairs in Astoria. Food, face painting, games, entertainment & things for sale.
- Saturday, August 29, 2015 from 12 noon to 9 pm - Astoria Music Now - Astoria Park. Free modern music festival.
October - Astoria Street Fairs & St Fairs Long Island City LIC
- October 11, 2015 from 12 noon to 6 pm - Steinway Street Festival - Along Steinway Street from 25th Avenue to 28th Avenue in Astoria sponsored by the Muslim American Society.
- Monday, October 12, 2015 from 12 noon to 6 pm - Broadway Astoria Festival / by Broadway Merchants & Professionals - Along Broadway Street from Steinway Street to Crescent Street.
- Sunday, October 25, 2015 from 12 noon - 6 pm - 36th Avenue Astoria Festival / by Dutch Kills Civic Association - Along 36th Avenue from 35th Street to 29th Street.
Click here to view a listing of all of the street fairs in Queens.
IV. Street Fairs In Astoria / LIC
Browse Nearby Restaurants And / Or Shops Online
Click here to view the Astoria neighborhood shopping center containing information and links to the home pages of some of the restaurants and shops located in the Astoria neighborhood. Click this link to view Astoria shops, restaurants and cultural organizations maps.
Click this link to view the LIC / Long Island City neighborhood shopping center containing information and links to the home pages of some of the restaurants and shops located in the LIC / Long Island City neighborhood. Click this link to view Long Island City / LIC shops, restaurants and cultural organization maps.
And click here to view a listing of all of the Manhattan street fairs.
Astoria Street Fairs / Long Island City, LIC Street Fairs - Nearby Shops
Click here for links to the nearby neighborhood Shopping Centers of each of these neighborhoods:
- Astoria Shopping Center
- Long Island City Shopping Center
- You can also click this link into the Queens Business Directory to find local merchants and merchandise.
- Site Search Tips. 1) For best results, when typing in more than one word, use quotation marks - eg "Astoria Park". 2) Also try either singular or plural words when searching for a specific item such as "gym" or "gyms".
Click this link to search for something in our Queens Business Directory containing over 1,000 listings.
Send this story to a friend by filling in the appropriate box below.