Halloween Parties Queens 2017
Halloween Parties in Astoria, LIC, Sunnyside, Woodside, Jackson Heights & Flushing
Here's a listing of some of the Fun Parties Open To Public In Queens.
There are a lot of parties planned for the Halloween Weekend of 2017. There are costume parties and live music for adults, and parades and parties for the kids. This report will provide you with a sampling of party opportunities around the borough of Queens for adults on Halloween Weekend 2017, which is almost here, and includes links to the kids Halloween parties page.
The photo to your right [preview] was taken of a woman departing from the #7 subway line this year, on the weekend prior to the weekend preceding Halloween. Halloween allows the latent art and theater in us all, to come out of its inhibition. The photo to your right [page] was taken at Cavo in a prior year. Unfortunately since then, Cavo has closed.
Click here to read about Halloween Parties In Queens this year.
Halloween Parties In Queens 2017
Halloween Parties in Astoria, LIC, Sunnyside, Woodside, Jackson Heights & Flushing
Halloween weekend is here, so you must have already planned your costume and perhaps might still be looking for places to go. In prior years the weather forecast for the weekend calls for highs in the 50's and lows in the 40's and this year, it appears to be about ten degrees warmer. Oftentimes it rains, but no rain is in the forecast for this Halloween weekend 2017 on Friday or Saturday.
Some of the parties mentioned below are free, and those which are not have been specified. Also click to the Queens Things To Do section of this site which also includes some of the parades and / or Halloween parties in Queens. You may also click to view a section we did on Kids Halloween parties in Queens.
We've added some map links for your convenience, and you can find reports with photos of most of these locations by using the search function in the upper left corner of the site. The photo to your right below was taken at a Halloween Party at Cavo in Astoria a few years back.
* Bohemian Hall & Beer Garden's Halloween party in Astoria is on Saturday evening, October 28th running from 5 pm to 12 midnight. They will have costume contests with prizes, and drink specials for adults from 10 pm to midnight. The Bohemian Hall and Beer Garden is an historic site and is home to one of the oldest and most spacious outdoor beer gardens in Queens & NYC. I didn't see anything for Halloween parties for kids this year, but there's a Halloween parade in Astoria [see Halloween parties for kids in Queens].
* On both Friday & Saturday October 27th & 28th there's a Jigsaw Halloween party at Fusion Lounge at 34-19 Steinway Street in Astoria. The party runs from 10 pm to 4 am, you're and an open bar from 10 to 11 pm. It's free, and you can rsvp on Eventbrite. Fusion is also hosting a Halloween party Tuesday, October 31st with an open bar from 9 to 11 pm. There's a dress code of 'neat & trendy'.
* Cavo Halloween party in Astoria had been one of the biggest Halloween bashes in Queens for years. We went to their party a few years back and it was a very big, fun costume party - but unfortunately we understand that they've closed.
* On Saturday, Studio Square on 35-33 36th Street in Astoria is hosting a party with DJ's and cash prizes for costumes - the judging begins at 10 pm. On October 31st, Tuesday night from 9.30 pm to 4 am there's a Chus & Ceballos costume party.
*There's a Halloween parade in Astoria which is included in the Kids Halloween parties in Queens.
Halloween Parties In Long Island City LIC
* The Masked Marvelous Ball Halloween Party is always held about one to two weeks prior to Halloween night. This year it will be held on Thursday, October 26th and runs from 6 to 9 pm at the Materials For The Arts at 33-00 on Northern Blvd in LIC. Tickets are limited [$100 / $60 for MFTA members] and you can buy them online at www.materialsforthearts.org. It's an artsy Halloween tradition, inclusive of food, beverages and child-friendly and in its 16th year. Proceeds go to recycling materials through art projects.
* On Saturday, October 28th, the 6th Annual MoMA PS1 Halloween Ball that runs from 8 pm to midnight at MoMA PS1 at 22-25 Jackson Avenue in LIC [art - $18 / $15]. We had pre-announced it a week ago, but at this time they are SOLD OUT.
* On October 28th, Saturday night, there's a Halloween Party at Ravel Penthouse 808 at 8-08 Queens Plaza South [near Vernon Blvd along Queens Blvd just south of the Queensboro Bridge] in LIC. There's a dress code of collar shirts, heels for ladies and no boots and a $20 fee which you can rsvp online at www.mtsproductions.com.
* On Saturday, October 28th, LIC Bar Halloween party in LIC [45-58 Vernon Blvd] will host a Big City Folk Magic Bones from 11 pm to 1 am. While it's live music it doesn't appear to be a Halloween party per se. LIC Bar also has an outdoor garden with a sound stage. We attended their Halloween party last year and it was a comfortable mix of people from LIC and surrounding Queens neighborhoods [see photo to right].
* The Creek & The Cave Halloween party in LIC [10-93 Jackson Avenue] on does not appear to have any dedicated Halloween Party this year, but they do offer a number of comedy and other live shows for free or small covers of $5 and sometimes up.
* The Z Hotel at 11-01 43rd Avenue in LIC is hosting a Halloween party on Saturday, October 28th. It costs $20 and they'll have music and are giving cash prizes for best costumes from 10 pm to 12 midnight or later?
*The Vista Sky Lounge at the Four Points Sheraton at 27-05 39th Avenue at 27th Street won't be throwing a Halloween party this year.
*There's a Kids Halloween trick or treat in Long Island City LIC on Sunday which is included in the Kids Halloween parties in Queens.
Halloween Parties In Sunnyside & Woodside Queens
* The Gaslight Pub on 43-17 Queens Blvd in Sunnyside is hosting a Halloween party on Saturday, October 28th beginning at 7 pm going "until late".
We attended it on several occasions, and they generally have some sort of music venue and lots of party-goers come dressed in costumes for which they offer a prize(s). The crowd tends to be in their twenties, thirties and possibly forties, primarily from the surrounding Sunnyside, Woodside, LIC neighborhoods. The photo to your right was taken at the Halloween Party in Sunnyside years back.
* Saints & Sinners Pub at 59-21 Roosevelt Avenue in Woodside isn't hosting a Halloween party this year. They are having live music on Friday and Saturday night and suggested that some of their clientele might dress up going to or coming from the city. The live music is generally from 10 pm - 2 am.
Halloween Parties In The Rockaways
* Russo's on the Bay in Howard Beach owns Vetro at 164-49 Cross Bay Blvd in Rockaways and they are hosting a Haunted Circus Halloween Party featuring music from 9 pm to 1 am on October 28th, Saturday night. The evening includes DJ Louie Mangione an open bar, Butler Service Hor’s D’oevre, buffet & dessert. You are advised to dress like you are part of a scary circus, but no masks allowed. Guest are advised to be aged 30+ [only], there's a cash prize for best costume and tickets cost $75 which you may obtain on their website at www.vetronyc.com.
* Terraza Cafe doesn't have a Halloween party is in Jackson Heights this year, but is featuring live music by accomplished musicians this weekend. Terraza is located on 40-19 Gleane Street just off the triangle park at 84th Street. The bar attracts an eclectic crowd and the live music usually runs from about 10 pm to midnight, but sometimes beginning earlier and ending later. There's generally a fee of $10 to $12.
*On Friday, October 27th, from 10 pm to 4 am there's a Halloween costume party at the SL Lounge at 40-15 Warren Street in Elmhurst. Baby Rasta & Gringo will be performing live and ladies enter free and guys at a reduced rate until 12 midnight. You can visit their FB page at facebook.com/SLloungeNY or buy tickets through www.mtsproductions.com.
*There's a Halloween parade in Jackson Heights on Tuesday, October 31st which is included in the Kids Halloween parties in Queens.
Halloween Parties In Flushing & Queens
* In the past, on Halloween weekend Saturday, Flushing Town Hall threw a Halloween party in Flushing for kids starting at 2 pm and it was free, but I don't see the same for this year. This year there's a Diwali Parade celebrating the Indian Festival of Lights - which you can find by clicking here for things to do / Halloween parties for kids in Queens. You may also want to check the front page Friday afternoon too, for possible late updates of Halloween parties in Queens.
Site Search. 1) For best results, when typing in more than one word, use quotation marks - eg "Astoria Park". 2) Also try either singular or plural words when searching for a specific item such as "gym" or "gyms".
Click this link to search for something in our Queens Business Directory containing over 1,000 listings.
Send this story to a friend by filling in the appropriate box below.