Valentine's Day Restaurants & Events in Queens
Valentine's Day is a week away. It's a good time to let your loved one know you care. Flowers, gifts and dinner are always welcome treats, and / or some thoughtful gesture that shows that the lady [or man] you're with still means a lot to you.
It's generally hard to make restaurant reservations on short notice at a romantic Queens restaurant on Valentine's Day, and sometimes it's difficult to make them for the weekend of Valentine's Day. So if you're thinking about doing something this Valentine's Day for dinner in Astoria, LIC, Jackson Heights, Sunnyside, Woodside or Flushing; it's best to do your research early, and call a week or at least a few days ahead to make the reservations.
Valentine's Day Brief History - Queens Romantic V Day Restaurants
The origins of Valentine's Day are not well documented. It's believed to have been named after Saint Valentine who was apparently a Catholic martyr who died over 1500 years ago. Today the holiday is not associated with religion so much as flowers, candies, cards and romantic dinners. And the holiday spokesperson is now Cupid, a Roman god of desire, and quite a mischief maker.
The restaurants we've reviewed include a mix of high, medium and budget priced restaurants that are spread throughout the borough and offer a large variety of ethnic cuisines. Click this link to view a brief guide of Valentine's Day restaurants in Queens / V Day events & romantic restaurants Queens NYC where you will find links to Queens restaurants we've reviewed. Enjoy.
Romantic Restaurants in Queens for V Day
Queens Romantic Restaurants For Dinner in Astoria, LIC, Sunnyside, Woodside, Jackson Heights & Flushing & V Day Events in Queens
Valentine's Day will soon be upon us and it's time for all lovers to find the right restaurant for their romantic Valentine's Day dinner in Astoria, LIC, Jackson Heights, Sunnyside, Woodside and Flushing Queens.
Valentine's Day Gifts & Events In Queens
Ongoing - The Queens Museum in Flushing Meadows Corona Park is offering folks a chance to buy a building on their historic panorama map for prices ranging from $100 to $1000. You'll get a 'Title Deed' of ownership of one of the buildings on the map - although it likely won't confer any more rights to you, than does a share of the Green Bay Packers stock. Go to https://queensmuseum.org/support/adopt-a-building to make a 'sweetheart NYC real estate deal'. Proceeds go to the Queens Museum. Queens Valentine's Day gifts in Flushing NYC.
On February 11 - 17, 2019 the Flux Factory at 39-31 29th Street in Long Island City is hosting an exhibit entitled Rinkworm. It's a mix of a makeshift skating rink wherein they invite you to bring your [roller] skates or rent some of theirs. Also karaoke, music and other mischief. Free and open to the public. Check www.fluxfactory.org or Tel - 347.669.1406 for times / details. Valentine's Day event in Long Island City Queens NYC.
From Wednesday, February 13 to Sunday, February 24, 2019, the Secret Theatre at 44-02 23rd Street in LIC is presenting performances of Glass Menagerie beginninng at 7.30 each night - except Mondays [no performance] and Sundays when the performances begin at 2 pm. The Tennessee Williams play is about identity, family bonds and social mores and is relevant to many of the same issues facing us today. Tickets cost $20 and may be purchased through PigeonHoledTheater.org or at https://www.artful.ly/store/events/17019. Long Island City Valentine's Day events in Queens NYC.
On February 14th, 2019 from 6 pm - 11 pm the Flux Factory at 39-31 29th Street in Long Island City is hosting Bloody Valentine. To participate bring something to candy coat, as well as something for dinner to share at their 7 pm potluck dinner and they've fashioned an make-shift 'skating rink' so you're welcomed to [roller?] skate from 9 pm to 11 pm to the music of a DJ. Valentine's Day event in Long Island City Queens NYC.
On Thursday, February 14th, 2019 the New Visions Democratic Club is presenting a film, Brother Outsider - the Story of Bayard Rustin, at the Jackson Heights Jewish Center at 37-06 77th Street beginning at 7.30 pm. Bayard Rustin was said to be a gay man who was a mentor to Martin Luther King. The film will be followed by a conversation with a friend of Bayard who manages a fund dedicated to Rustin's memory. This event is more pertinent to Black History month, than Valentine's Day.
From Thursday, February 14th thru Saturday, February 16th, 2019 beginning at 8 pm, there will be performances by the Chappell Players of The Dinner Party in the Little Theater at St. John's University at 8000 Utopia Parkway in Jamaica. It's a Neil Simon play about six people [anonymously] invited to a French restaurant to work through their differences. Tickets are $3 / $5 / $6 / $10 and may be purchased at www.sjucptg.com. Queens Valentine's Day events in Jamaica NYC.
And on Sunday, February 17th, 2019 the Chappell Players are performing a Love Themed Music Revue in the Little Theater. See website & Location details above. Queens Valentine's Day events in Jamaica NYC.
Valentine's Day Restaurants In Queens - Italian in Astoria LIC & Woodside, Greek in Astoria & Jackson Heights, French in Long Island City, Argentine & Indian Restaurants in Jackson Heights, Chinese Restaurant in Flushing, Irish Restaurant in Woodside, Egyptian in Astoria, Turkish in Sunnyside, Albanian and American Restaurants in Astoria
Many of the following Queens restaurants include links to Queens Buzz restaurant reviews. These restaurants were selected based the food quality, the ambiance and the service of these restaurants which made them notable within their categories.
This is not meant to be an exhaustive list as there are many more fine Queens restaurants we wish to review. But in the meantime this is what we have to offer.
Queens Valentines Day Restaurants & Events in Astoria NYC
2) Cafe Locale Astoria is now called Gastroteca Astoria and said to be under new ownership, although not independently confirmed this. They are located at 33-02 34th Avenue [at 33rd Street] in Astoria ther website is www.gastrotecaastoria.com. Astoria Valentines Day restaurants in Queens NYC.
Click here to read a review, including photos, of Cafe Bar Locale Astoria - Gastroteca Astoria - Formerly Cafe Bar Locale - Mediterranean Restaurant & Romantic Valentines Day restaurants in Astoria,
3) The Bohemian Hall & Beer Garden is hosting - They are located at 29-19 24th Avenue [at 29th Street] in Astoria and their phone is 718.274.4925 / www.bohemianhall.com. Queens Valentines Day restaurants in Astoria NYC.
Click here to read a report, including photos, of Bohemian Hall & Beer Garden in Astoria - Bohemian Hall & Beer Garden - Valentine's Day Astoria
Queens Valentines Day Restaurants & Events in Long Island City LIC NYC
6) The Vista is a rooftop restaurant located atop the Four Points Sheraton Hotel in Long Island City. While they historically close during the winter, they have thrown Valentine's Day events at their restaurant in Long Island City.
Click here for more info on the Vista NY - Four Points Sheraton LIC ??
7) Tounesol French Restaurant - They are located at 50-02 Vernon Blvd [near 50th Street] in LIC. They are offering a prix fixe of $49 plus tax and gratuity for a three course meal. Beverages are separate and you might want to rsvp at www.tournesolnyc.com / Tel. 718.472.4355, as they have limited seating. Long Island City Valentines Day restaurants in Queens NYC.
Click here to read a review, including photos, of Tournesol French Restaurant in Long Island City - Tournesol French Restaurant - Queens Romantic French Restaurants on Valentine's Day in LIC Long Island City
8) Manducatis Restaurant at 13-27 Jackson Avenue is an authentic family run Italian restaurant that's been serving great meals for decades. Queens Valentine's Day restaurants in Long Island City LIC NYC.
Click here to read a review, including photos, of Tournesol French Restaurant in Long Island City - Manducatis Italian Restaurants - Queens Romantic Restaurants in Long Island City
9) The Creek and the Cave is located at 10-93 Jackson Avenue [at 11th Street] in LIC and their website is www.creeklic.com. Fun things to do on Valentine's Day in LIC, Queens NYC.
Click here to read a review, including photos, of The Creek & the Cave Restaurant in Long Island City - The Creek and The Cave American Restaurant - fun restaurants for Valentine's Day in LIC
10) Ravel Hotel - Ravel Penthouse 808 - They are located at 8-08 Queens Plaza South in Long Island City Queens, their website is ravelhotel.com and their phone is 718.289.6118.
11) Waterfront Crabhouse - Seafood Restaurants in LIC - changed cuisine along with management and decor.
12) The Waters Edge restaurant first closed for renovations effective Dec 2, 2016 and then the closure appears to have evolved into something permanent.
Click here to read a review, including photos, of The Waters Edge Restaurant in Long Island City - Waters Edge - Restaurants with a Skyline View in Long Island City,
Queens Valentines Day Restaurants & Events in Sunnyside / Woodside NYC
13) The Turkish Grill is located on Queens Blvd at 42nd Street in Sunnyside. The family run restaurant serves authentic Turkish cuisine in a modern Turkish ambiance. Queens Valentine's Day restaurants in Sunnyside NYC.
Click here to read a review, including photos [photos are dated as they did an upgrade since they were taken], of The Turkish Grill Restaurant in Sunnyside - Turkish Grill - Turkish Cuisine in Sunnyside.
14) The Quaint Restaurant is located along Skillman Avenue between 46th and 47th Streets in Sunnyside. Sunnyside Valentine's Day restaurants in Queens NYC.
Click here to read a review, including photos, of The Quaint Restaurant in Sunnyside - Quaint American Restaurant - Valentines Day restaurants / romantic restaurants in Sunnyside.
15) Donovan's Irish Pub is located on Roosevelt Avenue at 58th Street in Woodside. The Irish pub and restaurant is a well known place for Irish and modern American fare and drinks. Queens Valentine's Day restaurants in Woodside NYC.
Click here to read a review, including photos, of Donovan's Irish Pub and Restaurant in Woodside - Donovan's Irish Pub - fun Queens Restaurants for Valentine's Day in Woodside
Queens Valentines Day Restaurants & Events in Jackson Heights / Corona NYC
17) The BQE Billiards & Bar Restaurant grill is open into the early morning hours daily. They have plenty of games including pool, ping pong, air hockey and foosball and a full bar. They're located at 70-02 34th Avenue [at 70th Street] in Jackson Heights and their website is www.bqebilliards.com and phone is 718.779.4348. Queens Valentine's Day restaurants in Jackson Heights NYC.
Click here to read a review, including photos, of the BQE Bar & Grill restaurant in Jackson Heights - BQE Billiards & Bar Restaurant - fun Queens restaurants for Valentines Day in Jackson Heights
Queens Valentines Day Restaurants & Events in Flushing / Bayside NYC
20) Terrace on the Park - Valentine's Day restaurants in Flushing Meadows Corona Park. They are located at 52-11 111th Street in Flushing Meadows Corona Park. Their phone is 718.592.5000 and their website is www.terraceonthepark.com. Queens Valentine's Day restaurants in Flushing NYC.
21) Vivo Bayside near the Clearview Golf Course - They are located at 201-10 Cross Island Parkway in Bayside, their phone is 718.352.2300 and their website is www.vivobayside.com.
Click Links to Find Romantic Queens Valentine's Day Restaurants Best For You
Please note that I have visited all of these restaurants except Vivo in Bayside and believe them to be quite commendable within their price range and category. Also note that telephone numbers and maps to each of these restaurants may be found using the search function on this site.
Click here to scroll through the Queens restaurants section of this site or use the links above or search function below to read reviews of Queens restaurants.
Queens Valentine's Day Restaurants & Events / Romantic Restaurants in Queens - Related Links
Click here for Valentines Day restaurants in Manhattan / romantic restaurants Manhattan NYC, Brooklyn Valentine's Day restaurants nyc, Valentines Day restaurants in the Bronx / romantic restaurants Bronx NYC, Staten Island Valentine's Day restaurants nyc , and Valentines Day restaurants in Queens / romantic restaurants Queens NYC.
Click on these advertisements for promotions, discounts and coupons by retailers and restaurateurs in Astoria and nearby Queens.
Click this link to go to the:
- Queens Restaurants in Astoria
- Queens Restaurants in LIC
- Queens Restaurants in Jackson Heights
- Queens Restaurants in Sunnyside & Woodside
- Queens Restaurants in Flushing
Site Search Tips. 1) For best results, when typing in more than one word, use quotation marks - eg "Astoria Park". 2) Also try either singular or plural words when searching for a specific item such as "gym" or "gyms".
Click this link to search for something in our Queens Business Directory.
Click the log in link below to create an ID and post an opinion.
Or send this story to a friend by filling in the appropriate box below.