Queens Free Things To Do - Free Concerts In Queens 2021
Free Summer Concerts In Queens - Free Summer Concerts In The Park In Astoria, LIC, Long Island City, Sunnyside, Woodside, Jackson Heights, Corona, Flushing, Jamaica
Editor's Note - We will be adding a few more concerts between now and the end of September. So check back periodically for updates which you can note by the date changing above.
Summer is in full swing and a number of community groups in collaboration with the NYC Parks Department and frequently some measure of government funding, have put together a summer full of music with free concerts in the parks. The music and concerts listed below are designed for young and old alike and they're FREE.
Film / Movies in the Park Queens. Click here to view our report on free movies in the park - summer movies in Queens, Astoria, LIC, Sunnyside, Woodside, Jackson Heights, Corona, Flushing & Jamaica.
Theater / Shakespeare in the Park Queens. Click here to view our report on free theater in the park - summer theater in Queens, Astoria, LIC, Sunnyside, Woodside, Jackson Heights, Flushing & Jamaica.
CLICK here to read the rest of our report on free outdoor concerts in Queens.
Queens Free Things To Do - Free Concerts In Queens 2021
Free Summer Concerts in Astoria, Long Island City, Sunnyside, Woodside,
Click on the following links to go to each neighborhood.
- Astoria - free things to do / free summer concerts Astoria Park / Athens Square Park / also see Socrates Sculpture Park in LIC
- Corona - free things to do / free summer concerts Louis Armstrong House / Flushing Meadows Corona Park
- Flushing - free things to do / free summer concerts Flushing Town Hall / Flushing Meadows Corona Park
- Jackson Heights - free things to do / free summer concerts Travers Park
- Jamaica - free things to do / free summer concerts Rufus King Park / Springfield Park
- Long Island City LIC - free things to do / free summer concerts Queensbridge Park / Gantry State Park / Socrates Sculpture Park
- Springfield Gardens - free things to do / free summer concerts Springfield Park
- Sunnyside - free things to do / free summer concerts Queens Blvd
- Woodside - free things to do / free summer concerts Queens Blvd
Astoria Park - Free Summer Concerts In Astoria 2021
Free Things To Do In Queens - Free Summer Concerts Compliments of The Central Astoria Local Development Corporation aka CALDC
Click here to view an Astoria Park map. The photo to your right was taken at a summer concert in Astoria Park. The following is a schedule of summer concerts in Astoria Park. Click here for the Astoria Neighborhood section of this site.
- Thursday, June 10, 2021 - at 7 pm - A live performance by Bon Journey NY.
- Thursday, June 17, 2021 - at 7 pm - A live performance by the Jersey Jukebox.
- Thursday, June 24, 2021 - at 7 pm - A live performance by Michael Patrick's Ring of Fire Band.
- Thursday, July 15, 2021 - at 7 pm - A live performance by Spitfire which performs classic rock.
- Thursday, July 22, 2021 - at 7 pm - A live concert by Dancing Dream ABBA Tribute Band which performs pop music.
- Thursday, July 29, 2021 - at 7 pm - A live concert by Forever Ray, the Sound of the Genius, Ray Charles which performs soul music.
- Thursday, August 5, 2021 - at 7 pm - A live concert by the Cab Calloway Orchestra which performs jazz / swing music.
- Coming ? [unconfirmed] - ASTORIA MUSIC NOW ROCK CONCERT?
Athens Square Park - Free Concerts In Astoria 2021
Free Things To Do In Queens - Compliments of The Federation Of Italian American Organizations of Queens aka FIAO
The following is a schedule of summer concerts at Athens Park at 30th Avenue & 30th Street. The photo to your right shows Athens Square Park in the fall in Astoria.
SO FAR NO WORD ON ANY CONCERTS THIS SUMMER 2021. CHECK BACK SOON.
- Every Tuesday in July, August & September 2018 beginning at 7.15 unitl about 9 pm, there will be a concert featuring Greek music.
- Every Wednesday in July & August 2018 beginning at 7 pm until about 9 pm, there will be a concert featuring Italian music.
Louis Armstrong House: Corona Jazz Summer Concerts 2021
Summer Things To Do In Corona Queens
Click here to view a Louis Armstrong House Corona Queens map. The following is a schedule of SOME of the summer concerts in Corona. Click here for the Jackson Heights Corona Neighborhood section of this site.
The Louis Armstrong House is located at 34-56 107th Street in Corona.
- Wednesday, July 10, 2021 - from 11 am - 3 pm - Louis Armstrong House Block Party.
Normally there are somewhere between four and a half dozen events. Some are free, and some are ticketed, costing $20 in advance / rsvp at the www.louisarmstronghouse.org or call 718-478-8274. Like last year, this year is still being influenced by the CoVid pandemic.
The photo above right was taken in the Garden of the Louis Armstrong House.
Flushing Meadows Corona Park - Free Concerts 2021
Free Things To Do In Flushing, Queens - Free Summer Concerts & Films in Flushing Meadows Corona Park Compliments of the Queens Museum
Click here to view a Flushing Meadows Corona Park map. The photo to your right was taken at a Passport performance by the Queens Museum Of Art. Click here for the Flushing Neighborhood section of this site. The following is a schedule of summer concerts in Flushing Meadows Corona Park.
The following listing is of a Queens Museum summer program entitled Passport which showcased various cultures, each having their own summer evening, during which film, music and dance were provided to the audience. This program was discontinued in 2019.
- Thursday, July 12, 2018 from 7 - 10 pm - INDIA.
- At 7 pm "get your body moving with Masala Bhangra: Bollywood dance workout classes from 7 – 7.45 pm on the front lawn of the museum starting at 8 pm [programs will take place inside the museum in event of rain].
- At 8 pm Road (Dev Benegal, 2010, 95min, Hindi with English subtitles) about "Vishnu, a restless young man, itches to escape his father’s faltering hair oil business. As his ticket to freedom, he offers to drive an antique Chevy across the desert to the sea, where it has been sold to a local museum. As he sets off, he discovers he’s not merely transporting a battered vehicle, but an old touring cinema."
**In case of rain, performances will be held inside Queens Theatre in the Park and admissions will be made on a first come, first serve basis. Seating capacity is 472.
OUTDATED _ SEPARATELY - at the Queens Botanical Garden - in Flushing
- Friday, August 12, 2016 - from 10 am - 5 pm - Taiwan: A World of Orchids provides a display of orchids and a weekend of live music.
Queens Theatre In The Park & Lincoln Center 2021
Free Shakespeare, Opera, Classical & New World Music in Flushing Meadows Corona Park
Click here to go to the free summer theater in Queens & scroll down to Queens Theatre for some free theater in the park in Queens this summer.
Lincoln Center does not appear to be doing anything in Queens between now and the end of the summer.
Flushing Town Hall - Summer Concerts 2021 - but NOT Free
Mostly Free Things To Do In Flushing, Queens - Schedule of Free Concerts at Flushing Town Hall
Click here to view a Flushing Town Hall map. The photo to your right was taken looking out of one of the exhibit rooms at Flushing Town Hall. The following is a schedule of a few FREE & PAID summer concerts in Flushing. Click here for the Flushing Neighborhood section of this site.
- Friday, July 30, 2021 beginning at 7 pm - Proud Mary - Rock & Roll Ladies w/ The Emilie Surtees Experience Band - Virtual Tickets: $7/$5 Members // In-Person Tickets (42 tickets only) $12/$10 Members. They perform tunes like Tina Turner's "What's Love Got To Do With It", Stevie Nicks’ "Go Your Own Way" or Heart’s "If Looks Could Kill".
- Saturday August 14, 2021 beginning at 7 pm - An Evening with Taiwanese Piano Stars - Chin-Yun Hu and Taiwanese new talent pianists - FREE but RSVP. Flushing Town Hall is partnering with the Taipei Economic and Cultural Ofﬁce (TECO). Ching-Yun Hu, a Taiwanese American concert pianist who is the Rubinstein International Piano Competition and known worldwide for her dazzling stage presence and a rising Taiwanese piano stars, Natasha Wu and Yao-Wen Chang, in this VIRTUAL presentation of piano class Liszt, Rachmaninoff and Taiwan's own Tyzen Hsiao.
- Wednesday, August 18, 2021 - Friday, September 3, 2021 - Out Front 24/7 (Art) Exhibition - In-person exhibition artist led walkthrough opening day 7/18/21 from 3.30 - 4.30 pm. Free, RSVP required. This isn't a concert but rather a curated public exhibition of original artworks printed on weatherproof banners for fences that will travel to select Queens cultural institutions, and be on display at Flushing Town Hall’s fence.
- FRI, AUG 20, 2021 7:00 PM - "Beautiful Vibration" - Colors of African Music w/ Gino Sitson Trio - Virtual Tickets: $7/$5 Members // In-Person Tickets (42 tickets only) $12/$10 Members. A Los Angeles Times critic describes this as, “An extraordinarily pliable voice in settings rich with melody, emotion and rhythm ... his gift for melody and his persuasive powers for interpretation establish an instant connection for listeners … always fascinating.”
- Click here for a listing of all free summer movies in Queens.
BOOKMARK _ Forest Park in Forest Hills
Free Summer Concerts in the Forest Park in Forest Hills 2021
Free Things To Do In the Forest Hills - Free Concerts in Forest Park
The concerts are held at the George Seuffert Bandshell in Forest Park in Forest Hills. Click here to view a map of the George Seuffert Bandshell in Forest Park [TBD] in Forest Hills.
- Concerts started in July 2018.
- Saturday, June 26, 2021 - from 10.30 am - 8 pm - Queens Rockfest - Now in its third year after going on hiatus in 2020 for the CoVid Pandemic. The Queens Rock Fest showcases local bands and musicians. Free. At the George Seuffert Bandshell in Forest Park in Forest Hills.
- July, August, September & October 2021 - Forest Hills Stadium Concerts. They are paid events with mid to top tier talent. www.foresthillsstadium.com
Travers Park - Free Concerts in Jackson Heights 2021
Free Things To Do In Queens - Compliments of The Jackson Heights Beautification Group [JHBG] & Queens Council on the Arts [QCA]
Click here to view a Travers Park map. The photo to your right was taken at a Summer Sundays concert in Travers Park in a prior year. Click here for the Jackson Heights Neighborhood section of this site.
The following is a schedule of summer concerts in Travers Park at 34th Avenue and 78th Street in Jackson Heights.
- Sunday, July 18, 2021 - begins 6 pm - The JMQ - Johnny Meyers Quintet.
- Sunday, July 25, 2021 – begins 6 pm - Mango Trio / Navatman - Indian music.
- Sunday, August 1, 2021 – begins 6 pm - Os Clavelitos - Brazilian music.
- Sunday, August 8, 2021 – begins 6 pm - Gaetano Valic - Rock music.
- Saturday, August 14, 2021 from 2 - 4.30 pm / Free - Queensboro Dance Festival - At Travers Park at 77th Street and 35th Avenue. There will be performances by about a dozen dance groups participating in the Queensboro Dance Festival. Free.
- Sunday, August 15, 2021 – begins 6 pm - Cumbia River Band - Columbian music.
- Sunday, August 22, 2021 - beginning at 2 pm - The Theatre for a New City (Theater) is performing a new play entitled, Critical Care or Rehearsals for a Nurse - about healthcare professionals in the age of CoVid. This theater group has been providing free operetta-for-the-streets to communities throughout New York City since the early 1970s.
- Sunday, August 22, 2021 – begins 6 pm - SONICA (Trio) - Jazz / Electronic music.
King Manor Park - Free Concerts in Jamaica Queens 2021
Free Things To Do In Jamaica - Free Summer Concerts in Rufus King Park Jamaica
Click here to view a King Park map. These events are all free things to do on Saturdays at King Manor. The photo to your right shows King Manor in King Park on Jamaica Avenue at 153rd Street in Jamaica. Click here for the Jamaica Neighborhood section of this site.
- Saturday, June 26, 2021 - The Jamaica Dance Festival in Rufus King Park on 150-29 Jamaica Avenue in the Jamaica neighborhood of Queens on Saturday from 8 - 9 pm. It's free.
- Friday & Saturday, August 6 & 7, 2021 - Jamaica JAMS Music Festival runs from 6 - 10 pm Friday and the street fair runs from 11 am to 7 pm Saturday - Friday evening from 6 pm - 10 pm in the northwest corner of Rufus King Park for the music festival. On Saturday from 11 am - 7 pm along Jamaica Avenue from Parsons Blvd to 170th Street. Music, food and street shopping. The biggest street fair in Queens. JAMS stands for Jamaica Arts & Music Summer.
- Click here to see free movies in the park in Jamaica & Queens on this site.
PS1 MoMA Warm Up Party Schedule 2021
Paid Summer Things To Do LIC Queens - Warm Up Party concert every Saturday
In prior years the Concerts ran from 12 noon - 9 pm from late June to the beginning of September at 22-15 Jackson Avenue in LIC. $18 / $22. This year  the season was shortened and so was the event time frame. All tickets will be released on July 23rd and since it's limited you might want to sign up as early as you can.
- Saturday, August 7, 2021, from 2 - 8 pm - MoMA PS1 Warm Up Party in their back courtyard.
- Saturday, August 14, 2021 from 2 - 8 pm - MoMA PS1 Warm Up Party in their back courtyard.
- Saturday, August 21, 2021 from 2 - 8 pm - MoMA PS1 Warm Up Party in their back courtyard.
LONG ISLAND CITY / LIC
New York Irish Center Concerts 2021
Inexpensive Things To Do In LIC Queens - Affordable Summer Concerts in LIC
Date / Time. Thursday, July 29, 2021 - Doors 7.30 pm / Show at 8 pm - New York Irish Center's Speakeasy Jazz Night Featuring the Melissa Hamilton Quartet.
Description. They tell us that they are, "... thrilled to invite you into our own makeshift speakeasy, complete with local jazz musicians playing two 45-minute sets - live and in person ... for music that captures the spirit of the city ... featuring Melissa Hamilton Quartet / Melissa Hamilton, vocals / Tom Dempsey, guitar / Josh Marcum, bass / Andy Pastorino, drums. RSVP $20 Tickets.
Location. New York Irish Center at 1040 Jackson Avenue in Long Island City, Queens.
LONG ISLAND CITY / LIC
Queensbridge Park - SummerStage Concerts 2021
Free Things To Do In LIC Queens - Free Summer Concerts in Queensbridge Park
SUMMERSTAGE HAS PERFORMED HERE IN PRIOR YEARS BUT NOT SINCE THE PANDEMIC BEGAN. The following event was from a prior year.
- Thursday, July 12, 2018 beginning at 7 pm / Free - Systema Solar / Very Be Careful, in association with the Latin Alternative Music Conference.
Socrates Sculpture Park
At Socrates Sculpture Park at Broadway and Vernon Blvd in LIC / Astoria along the East River in Queens.
Free Summer Concerts LIC / Astoria 2021
- Sunday, July 25, 2021 from 2 - 5 pm - Ballet Folklorico Mexicano de Nueva York Guelaguetza Festival - This event is described as follows, " ... La Guelaguetza originated in Oaxaca City, Mexico, where every summer people gather to celebrate traditional dances, music, and culture. Each Oaxacan region offers a unique contribution to the festivities – like the much-loved 'Dance of the Pineapple!'..."
- Wednesday, July 28, 2021 from 2 – 4 pm - Young Dancemakers Company Performance - This is described as, "a free concert of their unique, original choreography based on meaningful personal and social themes. The group dances to both live and recorded music, made in collaboration with professional composers. The concert will begin with a site-specific performance that explores the park’s artwork and landscape. At 2.30 pm there's site-specific park-wide performance where they 'dance the art' which is followed at 3 pm by a lively dance-making with the audience performance on the park stage..." Live, in-person, FREE. CoVid guidelines in effect.
- Sundays, August 8, 15, 22 & 29, 2021 from 11 am – 12 noon - Queensboro Dance Festival - This is described as, " ... [an opportunity to] learn dances from different cultures each Sunday in August! This program is facilitated by The Queensboro Dance Festival, a summer Queens tour of performances & classes by Queens-based dance companies..."
- The INSITU Dance Festival - NOT Returning 2021 / Returning 2022 - the festival is restructuring this year and expects to return in 2022 as a bi-annual festival [every other year]. See further details in the LIC / Gantry Park section.
Hunters Point South Park & Gantry State Park
Free Summer Concerts in LIC 2021
Free Things To Do In Long Island City LIC - Free Concerts In Hunters Point South Park just south of Gantry State Park Compliments of your Tax Dollars
Click here to view a Hunters Point South & Gantry Park map. The photo to your right shows the audience watching a Live at the Gantries performance in Long Island City. Click here for the Long Island City LIC Neighborhood section of this site.
The following is a schedule of summer concerts in Hunters Point South Park - just south of Gantry State Park in Long Island City LIC. The concerts run from 6 to 8 pm every Thursday in July and August at LIC Landing which is near the East River Ferry station& cafe.
These concerts are organized by Kupferberg Center for the Arts at Queens College.
- Tuesday, July 20, 2021 beginning at 7 pm - Supermambo with Jeremy Bosch.
- Tuesday, July 27, 2021 beginning at 7 pm - George Gee Big Band.
- Tuesday, August 3, 2021 beginning at 7 pm - Music from the Sole.
- Tuesday, August 10, 2021 beginning at 7 pm - The Gentlemen of Soul.
- Tuesday, August 17, 2021 beginning at 7 pm - Yasser Tejeda.
- Tuesday, August 24, 2021 beginning at 7 pm - On the Sun.
- July & August Many Tuesdays 2021 - concerts run from mid July to mid August.
BOOKMARK - Rockaway Beach at 94th Street in the Rockaways
Free Summer Concerts in the Rockaways 2021
Free Things To Do In the Rockaways - Free Concerts in the Rockaways
WE DIDN'T FIND ANY CONCERTS FOR SUMMER 2021. BUT THE ROCKAWAY HOTEL at 108-10 Rockaway Beach Drive in Rockway, Queens does host some evening events on their rooftop beginning between 6 and 8 pm.
THE FOLLOWING IS A SAMPLE OF PRIOR EVENTS IN 2018.
Click here to view a map of O'Donahue Park in the Rockaways [TBD] near Beach 94th Street off Shorefront Parkway in Rockaway Beach. The following is a schedule of summer concerts in the Rockaways. The concerts run from 7.30 to 9 pm at Beach 94th Street, off Shorefront Parkway in Rockaway Beach.
- Concerts started in July 2018
- Wednesday, August 1, 2018 - Live Acoustic Rock & Roll Band - concerts run from 7.30 to 9 pm in Rockaway Beach at 94th Street.
Springfield Park in South Jamaica Queens 2021
Free Things To Do In Queens - Free SummerStage / Summer Concerts in Springfield Park
Click here to view a Springfield Park map - TBD.
The following is a schedule of summer concerts in Springfield Park at 184th Street and 146th Terrace in Springfield Gardens & South Jamaica Queens.
SO FAR NOTHING IN 2021.
- July 5, 2017 from 7 - 9 pm / Free - Just Sole! Street Dance Theater Company / Pretty BIG Movement - featuring "Spirited hip-hop dance crews inspire while defying stereotypes and starts with dance workshop."
Queens Blvd & 46th Street - Free Concerts In Sunnyside 2021
Bix Beiderbecke Concert on Hiatus in Sunnyside
- AS OF THIS POST IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE RETURNING THIS SUMMER 2021 _ Tuesday, August 7, 2018 from 4 to 9 pm - Bix Biederbecke Memorial Jazz Concert - free jazz concert in memoriam of short-lived jazz musician Bix Beiderbecke who lived in Sunnyside only blocks away. At 46th Street under the tracks at Queens Blvd.
Windmuller Park & Sargeant Collins Park - Concerts Discontinued BUT ...
Free Things To Do In Sunnyside & Woodside / Queensboro Dance Festival in Windmuller Park
Click here to view a Windmuller Park map where you must then grab the map and head due north to 58th & Broadway. The photo to your right shows a live concert by a big band group at Windmuller Park in Woodside many years ago, but these concerts appear to have been put on hiatus.
- Sunday, August 15, 2021 from 6 to 7 pm / Free - Queensboro Dance Festival - At Windmuller Park which may be found at 52nd Street and between 39th Drive and 39th Road and Woodside Avenue in Woodside. There will be performances by six dance groups participating in the Queensboro Dance Festival. Free.
Click here for the Woodside Sunnyside Neighborhood section of this site.
There was a schedule of summer concerts in Sargeant Collins Park in Woodside in 2015, but I believe the organizers discontinued the concerts thereafter, and in 2016 began showing free summer movies in Woodside at Sargeant Collins Park. That too appears to have been discontinued.
At this point we're not expecting summer concerts in Sargeant Collins Park.
Queens - Free Summer Concerts In The Park 2021
Astoria, LIC, Long Island City, Sunnyside, Woodside, Jackson Heights, Corona, Flushing, Jamaica
The following are links to the musical happenings / free concerts going on around the five boroughs of the city over the next couple of months.
Site Search Tips. 1) For best results, when typing in more than one word, use quotation marks - eg "Astoria Park". 2) Also try either singular or plural words when searching for a specific item such as "gym" or "gyms".
Click this link to search for something in our Queens Business Directory containing over 1,000 listings.
Send this story to a friend by filling in the appropriate box below.