MTA Service Changes in Queens
Columbus Day Weekend Through November 24, 2013
Updated November 15, 2013 / Transportation in Queens / Queens Buzz. There will be MTA service changes along the #7 subway line in Queens beginning Columbus Day Weekend. The #7 line will stop at Queensboro Plaza and you will have to take alternative transportation into LIC and into NYC.
1. Columbus Day Weekend - November 24, 2013: #7 Subway Service Disruption
Hunters Point Av and Vernon Blvd-Jackson Av Stations
No trains between Queensboro Plaza and Times Sq-42 St. Trains and free shuttle buses will provide alternate service from 11:45 PM Friday to 5 AM Mon, Oct 11 - 14 . The #7 subway line service will continue to operate between Main St and Queensboro Plaza throughout the weekend.
# 7 Subway Line Service Disruptions - Oct & Nov 2013
No service 11:45 PM Fri to 5 AM Mon - • Oct 11 - 14 • Oct 18 - 21 • Oct 25 - 28 • Nov 8 - 11 • Nov 22 - 25
• Take the or * at Times Sq or Queensboro Plaza.
• Take the at 74 St-Roosevelt Av, Court Sq-23 St, 42 St-Port Authority or Lexington Av/53 St.
Shuttle Bus Stop Stations
- Queensboro Plaza - Queens Plaza South at 27 St
- Queens Plaza - Jackson Av at Queens Plaza South, Court Sq & 23 St, 44 Dr at 23 St (toward Vernon Blvd-Jackson Av) and 23 St at 44 Dr (toward Queensboro Plaza)
- Hunters Point Av -
21 St at 49 Av,
Vernon Blvd-Jackson Av and
Vernon Blvd at 50 Av
Alternate Service Station
- Grand Central at
- Use the N and Q*. Transfer to the #7 subway at Queensboro Plaza. Transfer to the N and W trains at Lexington Av/59 St.
- Use the E and F trains. Transfer between the E and F to the #7 subway line at 74 St-Roosevelt Av.
Note: The 42 Street Shuttle operates overnight during this time.
* service is extended to Ditmars Blvd during the following times:
Saturday, 7 AM to 9 PM • Sunday, 9 AM to 7 PM
Stay in Queens and have a nice weekend. Here's a link to the NYC MTA website for updates.
Site Search. 1) For best results, when typing in more than one word, use quotation marks - eg "Astoria Park". 2) Also try either singular or plural words when searching for a specific item such as "gym" or "gyms".
Click this link to search for something in our Queens Business Directory containing over 1,000 listings.
Send this story to a friend by filling in the appropriate box below.