Queens Free Things To Do - Free Concerts In Queens NYC 2022
Free Summer Concerts In Queens - Free Summer Concerts In The Park In Astoria, LIC, Long Island City, Sunnyside, Woodside, Jackson Heights, Corona, Flushing, Jamaica
Summer is in full swing and a number of community groups in collaboration with the NYC Parks Department and frequently some measure of government funding, have put together a summer full of music with free concerts in the parks. The music and concerts listed below are designed for young and old alike and they're FREE.
Editor's Note - Note that only ASTERISKED LOCATIONS have been updated. Pay attention to the concert dates / years. We will be updating / adding a few more concerts between now and the end of September. So check back periodically for updates which you can note by the date changing above.
- CLICK HERE to read the rest of this report about free outdoor summer concerts in Queens.
Film / Movies in the Park Queens. Click here to view our report on free movies in the park - summer movies in Queens, Astoria, LIC, Sunnyside, Woodside, Jackson Heights, Corona, Flushing & Jamaica this summer.
Theater / Shakespeare in the Park Queens. Click here to view our report on free theater in the park - summer theater in Queens, Astoria, LIC, Sunnyside, Woodside, Jackson Heights, Flushing & Jamaica this summer.
CLICK here to read the rest of our report on free outdoor concerts in Queens.
Queens Free Things To Do - Free Concerts In Queens 2022
Free Summer Concerts in Astoria, Long Island City, Sunnyside, Woodside,
Click on the following links to go to each neighborhood.
- Astoria - free things to do / free summer concerts Astoria Park / Athens Square Park / also see Socrates Sculpture Park in LIC
- Corona - free things to do / free summer concerts Louis Armstrong House / Flushing Meadows Corona Park
- Flushing - free things to do / free summer concerts Flushing Town Hall / Flushing Meadows Corona Park
- Jackson Heights - free things to do / free summer concerts Travers Park
- Jamaica - free things to do / free summer concerts Rufus King Park / Springfield Park
- Long Island City LIC - free things to do / free summer concerts Queensbridge Park / Gantry State Park / Socrates Sculpture Park
- Springfield Gardens - free things to do / free summer concerts Springfield Park
- Sunnyside - free things to do / free summer concerts Queens Blvd
- Woodside - free things to do / free summer concerts Queens Blvd
* Astoria Park - Free Summer Concerts In Astoria 2022
Free Things To Do in Queens NYC - Free Summer Concerts Compliments of The Central Astoria Local Development Corporation aka CALDC
Location. Astoria Park is located in the northwestern section of Queens, under and north of the RFK Bridge. The park lies between 19th Street and the East River and between Astoria Park South and Ditmars Blvd.
The photo to your right was taken at a summer concert in Astoria Park. The following is a schedule of summer concerts in Astoria Park. Click here for the Astoria Neighborhood section of this site.
- Wednesday, June 28, 2022 - at 7.30 pm - A live performance of American classics.
- Thursday, July 14, 2022 - at 7 pm - A live performance by Rusty Spur Band.
- Thursday, July 21, 2022 - at 7 pm - A live concert by Fleur Seule.
- Thursday, July 28, 2022 - at 7 pm - A live concert by Dancin' Machine.
- Thursday, August 4, 2022 - at 7 pm - A live concert by Motor City Revue.
These summer concerts are organized by the Central Astoria Local Development Corporation aka CALDC.
* Athens Square Park - Free Concerts - Summer in Astoria 2022
Free Things To Do in Astoria Queens NYC - Compliments of The Athens Square Committee & The Federation Of Italian American Organizations of Queens aka FIAO
Location. Athens Park is located at 30th Avenue & 30th Street in Astoria. The photo to your right shows Athens Square Park in the fall in Astoria.
The following is a schedule of GREEK TUESDAYS summer concerts at Athens Square Park organized by The Athens Square Committee. Every Tuesday in July, August & September 2022 from 7 pm unitl 9 pm, there will be a concert featuring Greek music.
- Tuesday, July 5, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - Eleanna Finokalioli & Friends - Sponsored by Buccaneer Diner & Moonstruck Diner Bellvue.
- Tuesday, July 12 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - Rebetiko - Sponsored by Gus Antonopoulos Funeral Home & Angie Yanas.
- Tuesday, July 19, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - Olga Panteli - Sponsored by Elias Rizos.
- Tuesday, July 26, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - Nick Nikolaides & The Cosmopolitans Noora Belly Dancers - Sponsored by Tony Sacco, Esq. & Omaga Brokerage.
- Tuesday, August 2, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - Elena Chris & The Sounds of Cyprus Greek American Folklore Society - Sponsored by Philip Christopher.
- Tuesday, August 9, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - John Staikos & The Olympic Orchestra Noora Belly Dancers - Sponsored by Greek American Homeowners & Lyons Mortgage.
- Tuesday, August 16, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - Melodia & Noora Belly Dancers - Sponsored by George Almiroudes & Aldos Club.
- Tuesday, August 23, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - Olga Panteli - Sponsored by Pangregorians.
- Tuesday, August 30, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - Melodia & Noora Belly Dancers - Sponsored by George Gatsonis, DOS & Amorelli Realty.
- Tuesday, September 6, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - Elena Basis - Sponsored by Metropolis Realty.
- Tuesday, September 13, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - Tribute to Smyrna, Gregory Maninakis - Sponsored by University Orthopedics of NY, George Kitsios.
- Tuesday, September 20, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - Epirtotino Night Nick Nikolaides and the Cosmopolitans & Costas Skrepetos Clarinete - Sponsored by Alexiou Realty & Mega Contracting, Inc.
- Tuesday, September 27, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - Rebetiko - Sponsored by Omonia Pastry Shop and Kefalos Society.
The following is a schedule of ITALIAN WEDNESDAYS summer concerts at Athens Square Park organized by the Federation of Italian Americans. Every Wednesday in July & August 2022 from 7 pm unitl 9 pm, there will be a concert featuring Italian music.
- Wednesday, July 6, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - TONY PASQUARIELLO & St. John’s Prep singers: Victoria Gaibor & Kaycelle Belgado. Presented by: Circolo Calabritto.
- Wednesday, July 13, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - VINNIE LO VERME & FRIENDS Southern Italian Songs plus. Presented by FRATERNAL SOCIETY OF CANICATTI, INC.
- Wednesday, July 20, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - AL AMICO & FRIENDS for those that love to dance to Italian music under the summer stars. Presented by: PAT GRAVINO & EQUITABLE ADVISORS, LLC.
- Wednesday, July 27, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - NEW YORK CITY POLICE SYMPHONY BAND – LED BY DETECTIVE AMY PAPE Presented by: LUCA DI CIERO & Family.
- Wednesday, August 3, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - TEO RICCIARDELLA – Will play classic& Popular songs with his tenor voice. Presented by: Astoria Italia S.C. & Fornaio Bakery.
- Wednesday, August 10, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - FRANCESCA CAVALIERE – Famous International
Italian American Ballard singer Presented by: Anthony Lo Verme Blue Brick Real Estate.
- Wednesday, August 17, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - GINO BELMONTE – Italian American singer
from Pane & Cioccolato Band – known for his old time favorites from the early 40’s to current hits. Presented by TONY MAZZARA.
- Wednesday, August 31, 2022 from 7 - 9 pm - ANTONIO GUARNA - Neapolitan Classics& Italian Pop music. Presented by: PATRONATO INCA.
* Louis Armstrong House: Corona Jazz Summer Concerts 2022
Free / Paid Summer Things To Do in Corona, Queens NYC - Free Outdoor Concerts in NYC
Location. The Louis Armstrong House is located at 34-56 107th Street in the Corona neighborhood in Queens.
The following is a schedule of the summer concerts at the Louis Armstrong House in Corona. Click here for the Jackson Heights Corona Neighborhood section of this site.
The photo above right was taken in the Garden of the Louis Armstrong House.
- Monday, July 4, 2022 - from 1 - 3 pm - Louis Armstrong House Birthday / Summer concert. They describe the event as follows: "... featuring the Evan Sherman Big Band playing ... directly from Louis’s 1940s book of arrangements ... includes free red beans and rice and birthday cake ... [you're advised to] reserve your seats asap because this event will sell out ... See their Facebook page for details because their site isn't up to date. www.facebook.com/louisarmstronghousemuseum. Tickets are $14 - $20.
- TO BE ANNOUNCED. NORMALLY there are somewhere between four and a half dozen events. Some are free, and some are ticketed, costing $20 in advance / rsvp at the www.louisarmstronghouse.org or call 718-478-8274. As of this post nothing has been announced one way or the other on whether these concerts will resume, so stay tuned, as the summer is young and so are we?
* Queens Theatre In The Park
Free Concerts / Music in Flushing Meadows Corona Park in Queens NYC
Location. Adjacent / south of the Unisphere in Flushing Meadows Corona Park in Queens.
- Saturday, July 16, 2022 from 6 - 9 pm - SummerStage featuring ChocQuibTown / Nanpa Basico / Salt Cathedral DJ Set. This free concert will be held in a field just south of the Queens Theatre in the Park / the Unisphere, and adjacent to the Maloof Skate Park.
- Contact. www.cityparksfoundation.org and NYC Parks Dept.
Click here to go to the free summer theater in Queens & scroll down to Queens Theatre for some free theater in the park in Queens this summer.
* Flushing Town Hall - Paid Summer Concerts
Paid & Free Things To Do - Schedule of Some Concerts at Flushing Town Hall in Queens NYC
Location. At Flushing Town Hall at 137-35 Northern Blvd in Queens.
The photo to your right was taken looking out of one of the exhibit rooms at Flushing Town Hall. The following is a schedule of a few free and paid summer concerts in Flushing. Click here for the Flushing Neighborhood section of this site.
- On Saturday, July 16, 2022 beginning at 7.30 pm there's Jazz Jam All Stars Concert at Flushing Town Hall at 137-35 Northern Blvd in Queens. Jazz musicians selected from events held around the city and beyond will be performing.
- Contact / Tickets. Tickets are $25 / $20 at www.flushingtownhall.org.
- Flushing Town Hall also generally provides live weekly entertainment, for reasonable fees.
- Contact / Tickets. Tickets are $25 / $20 at www.flushingtownhall.org.
In 2021 Flushing Town Hall offerred a line up of virtual events.
- OLD _ NOTE DATES / YEAR _ Friday, July 30, 2021 beginning at 7 pm - Proud Mary - Rock & Roll Ladies w/ The Emilie Surtees Experience Band - Virtual Tickets: $7/$5 Members // In-Person Tickets (42 tickets only) $12/$10 Members. They perform tunes like Tina Turner's "What's Love Got To Do With It", Stevie Nicks’ "Go Your Own Way" or Heart’s "If Looks Could Kill".
- Click here for a listing of all free summer movies in Queens.
* Discontinued _ The Queens Museum - Free Concerts & Movies in Flushing Meadows Corona Park in Queens NYC
Free Things To Do In Flushing, Queens - Free Summer Concerts & Films in Flushing Meadows Corona Park Compliments of the Queens Museum
Location. The Queens Museum is just south of the Billie Jean King USTA Center and adjacent to the Unisphere in Flushing Meadows Corona Park in Queens.
The photo to your right was taken at a Passport performance by the Queens Museum Of Art. Click here for the Flushing Neighborhood section of this site. The following listing is of a Queens Museum summer program entitled Passport which showcased various cultures, each having their own summer evening, during which film, music and dance were provided to the audience. This program was discontinued in 2019.
- Thursday, July 12, 2018 from 7 - 10 pm - INDIA.
- At 7 pm "get your body moving with Masala Bhangra: Bollywood dance workout classes from 7 – 7.45 pm on the front lawn of the museum starting at 8 pm [programs will take place inside the museum in event of rain].
- At 8 pm Road (Dev Benegal, 2010, 95min, Hindi with English subtitles) about "Vishnu, a restless young man, itches to escape his father’s faltering hair oil business. As his ticket to freedom, he offers to drive an antique Chevy across the desert to the sea, where it has been sold to a local museum. As he sets off, he discovers he’s not merely transporting a battered vehicle, but an old touring cinema."
Contact / Tickets. The Queens Museum - https://queensmuseum.org. Admissions will be made on a first come, first serve basis. Seating capacity is 472 at the Queens Theatre which is the rain date location.
TBA _ Free Summer Concerts in the Forest Park in Forest Hills
Free Things To Do In the Forest Hills - Free Concerts in Forest Park in Queens NYC
The concerts are held at the George Seuffert Bandshell in Forest Park in Forest Hills. Click here to view a map of the George Seuffert Bandshell in Forest Park [TBD] in Forest Hills.
- Concerts started in July 2018.
- Saturday, June 26, 2021 - from 10.30 am - 8 pm - Queens Rockfest - Now in its third year after going on hiatus in 2020 for the CoVid Pandemic. The Queens Rock Fest showcases local bands and musicians. Free. At the George Seuffert Bandshell in Forest Park in Forest Hills.
- July, August, September & October 2021 - Forest Hills Stadium Concerts. They are paid events with mid to top tier talent.
Contact / Tickets. www.foresthillsstadium.com
* Travers Park - Free Concerts in Jackson Heights 2022
Free Things To Do In Queens - Compliments of The Jackson Heights Beautification Group [JHBG] & the NYS Council of the Arts in Jackson Heights Queens NYC
Location. Travers Park is located between 34th Avenue and Northern Blvd and between 77th and 79th Streets in Jackson Heights in Queens.
The photo to your right was taken at a Summer Sundays concert in Travers Park in a prior year. Click here for the Jackson Heights Neighborhood section of this site.
The following is a schedule of summer concerts in Travers Park at 34th Avenue and 78th Street in Jackson Heights, as well as some music / dance / cultural performances.
- Sunday, July 3, 2022 - begins 6 pm - The Jackson Heights Orchestra - classical music.
- Sunday, July 10, 2022 – begins 6 pm - Sonica.
- Sunday, July 17, 2022 – begins 5 & 6 pm - Diabolo Juggling Chinese yoyo workshop with Glow Community Center (Flushing) & Brothers In Madness (B.I.M.) feat. Fariyah Premaa.
- Sunday, July 24, 2022 – begins 5 & 6 pm - Beast From the East youth breakdance battle by Dynasty Breaking NYC (Astoria) & Teej and The Sidepocket.
- Sunday, July 31, 2022 – begins 5 & 6 pm - Tap dance improv jam with Cole Collective (Astoria)
& Juan Diego Villalobos Trio.
- Sunday, August 7, 2022 begins 6 pm - Masala Bhangra community dance party with Sarina Jain (Forest Hills) & Trina Basu, Arun Ramamurthy and percussion.
- Sunday, August 14, 2022 begins 6 pm - La Cumbiamba - Colombian music.
- Sunday, August 21, 2022 – begins 6 pm - Carol Thomas - eclectic mix of R&B, folk and rock.
- Sunday, August 22, 2021 – begins 6 pm - SONICA (Trio) - Jazz / Electronic music.
The following are a couple of 2021 events, which may return in some form, so stay tuned.
- from 2 - 4.30 pm / Free - Queensboro Dance Festival - At Travers Park at 77th Street and 35th Avenue. There will be performances by about a dozen dance groups participating in the Queensboro Dance Festival. Free.
- beginning at 2 pm - The Theatre for a New City (Theater) is performing a new play entitled, Critical Care or Rehearsals for a Nurse - about healthcare professionals in the age of CoVid. This theater group has been providing free operetta-for-the-streets to communities throughout New York City since the early 1970s.
* King Manor Park - Free Concerts in Jamaica Queens 2022
Free Things To Do In Jamaica - Free Summer Concerts in Rufus King Park Jamaica in Queens NYC
Location. King Manor is located in Rufus King Park 150-29 Jamaica Avenue at 150th Street in the Jamaica neighborhood of Queens. This park is host to the Jamaica Dance Festival, the Jamaica JAMS Music Festival and one of about 20 blocks along Jamaica Avenue that host the Jamaica JAMS Music Festival and street fair.
The photo to your right shows King Manor in King Park on Jamaica Avenue at 153rd Street in Jamaica. Click here for the Jamaica Neighborhood section of this site.
These events are all free things to do at King Manor in Rufus King Park.
- Saturdays, June 4, 11, 18 & 25, 2022 - Annual Jamaica Dance Festival - Begins at 7 pm - In Rufus King Park 150-29 Jamaica Avenue at 150th Street in the Jamaica neighborhood of Queens on Saturdays in June. Free dance performances by local performers. Street fairs in Jamaica NY.
Contact / Tickets. Organized by the Jamaica Dance Festival. For details see - https://thejamaicadancefestival.com
Click here to see free movies in the park in Jamaica & Queens on this site.
* St Albans Park - Free Summer Outdoor Movies & Jazz Festival in Jamaica Queens NYC
Free Summer Outdoor Movies in Queens Parks NYC
Location. St. Albans Park is located along Merrick Blvd and Sayres Avenue in Jamaica Queens. The festival entrance is at 175-18 Merrick Blvd.
- Saturday, July 16, 2022 from 4 - 10 pm - Black Spectrum Theatre Company St. Albans Jazz and R&B Festival. The 20th anniversary of this musical feast. Free.
Contact / Tickets. Free. For details see - http://www.blackspectrum.com
Also use the links at the top of this report to see other free summer events / movies / theater at this and other locations in Queens.
* Jamaica JAMS Music Festival - Free Summer Concerts at King Manor in Queens NYC
Location. The Friday night concert is located in the northwest section of Rufus King Park at 150-29 Jamaica Avenue at 150th Street in the Jamaica neighborhood of Queens. This park is host to the Jamaica JAMS Music Festival and one of about 20 blocks along Jamaica Avenue that host the Jamaica JAMS Music Festival and street fair.
- Friday & Saturday, August 5 & 6, 2022 - Jamaica JAMS Music Festival runs from 6 - 10 pm Friday, and the Jamaica JAMS music festival and street fair runs from 11 am to 7 pm Saturday - Friday evening from 6 pm - 10 pm in the northwest corner of Rufus King Park for the music festival. On Saturday from 11 am - 7 pm along Jamaica Avenue from Parsons Blvd to 170th Street. Music, food and street shopping. The biggest street fair in Queens. JAMS stands for Jamaica Arts & Music Summer.
* PS1 MoMA Warm Up Party Schedule LIC - Shortened & Replaced in 2022
Warm Up Party Concerts No Longer Every Saturday - Paid Summer Things To Do LIC Queens NYC
Location. PS1 MoMa is located at 22-15 Jackson Avenue in Long Island City, LIC Queens.
Editor's Note about 2022 Concert Schedule. In prior years the Concerts ran from 12 noon - 9 pm from late June to the beginning of September charging admission of $18 / $22. In 2020 they went virtual and in 2021 did a very limited schedule in August. In 2022 they're taking most of the summer off to 'reimagine' the long running concert series.
In place of the Warm Up Party series this year , PS1 MoMA is planning to host a three weekend series, not unlike last year, but perhaps even more low key. The following represent the planned dates, while specific entertainers have not yet been announced, you can still purchase tickets at www.momaps1.org. As there are only a few dates, and the summer concerts have been very popular, you might want to purchase your tickets as early as you can.
- Friday, August 12, 2022, from 5 - 9 pm - MoMA PS1 Warm Up Party Replacement in their back courtyard.
- Friday, August 19, 2022 from 5 - 9 pm - MoMA PS1 Warm Up Party Replacement in their back courtyard.
- Friday, August 26, 2022 from 5 - 9 pm - MoMA PS1 Warm Up Party Replacement in their back courtyard.
* New York Irish Center Kids Festival in LIC Queens 2022
Affordable Kids Summer Camps in LIC - Inexpensive Things To Do In LIC Queens NYC
Location. New York Irish Center at 1040 Jackson Avenue in Long Island City, Queens.
- Monday - Friday
, July 18 - 29, 2022 - 10 am - 4 pm Daily - New York Irish Center's Tir Na Nog Children's Festival.
Description. An Irish cultural festival for kids lasting two weeks. It's an immersive Irish cultural experience for children. There are two age groups - 5 - 8 and 9 - 12. I believe there are a number of CoVid guidelines in place, as well, to ensure everyone's good health. RSVP $300 for what appears to be 12 days [through the weekend].
* Socrates Sculpture Park - Free Outdoor Summer Concerts Queens NYC
Free Things To Do In LIC Queens - Free Summer Concerts in Socrates Sculpture Park 2022
Location. At Socrates Sculpture Park at Broadway and Vernon Blvd in LIC / Astoria along the East River in Queens NYC.
- Thursday, July 28, 2022 from 3 - 5 pm - Young Dancemakers Company Performance - This is described as, "a free concert of their unique, original choreography based on meaningful personal and social themes. The group dances to both live and recorded music, made in collaboration with professional composers. The concert will begin with a site-specific performance that explores the park’s artwork and landscape..." Live, in-person, FREE. Some CoVid guidelines remain in effect.
- Sunday, July 31, 2022 from 2 - 5 pm - Ballet Folklorico Mexicano de Nueva York Guelaguetza Festival - This event is described as follows, " ... La Guelaguetza originated in Oaxaca City, Mexico, where every summer people gather to celebrate traditional dances, music, and culture. Each Oaxacan region offers a unique contribution to the festivities – like the much-loved 'Dance of the Pineapple!'..."
- Mondays, August 8, 15, 22 & 29, 2022 from 11 am – 12 noon - Queensboro Dance Festival - This is described as, " ... [an opportunity to] learn dances from different cultures each Sunday in August. This program is facilitated by The Queensboro Dance Festival, a summer Queens tour of performances & classes by Queens-based dance companies..." Respectively, the cultures featured each week are 8/8 Indian, 8/15 West African, 8/22 Filippino and 8/29 Asian Pacific Islands.
- UNLIKELY TO BE RETURNING _ Based on their outdated website we don't expect The INSITU Dance Festival to return in 2022 as they had also not Returned 2021 - the festival is restructuring this year and expects to return in 2022 as a bi-annual festival [every other year]. See further details in the LIC / Gantry Park section.
* Gantry State Park - Free Summer Concerts in LIC Queens
Free Things To Do in Long Island City LIC - Free Concerts In Hunters Point South Park just south of Gantry State Park in Queens NYC
Location. Gantry State Park is sandwiched in between the East River and Center Blvd in Long Island City. The Gantries are located at Borden and Center Avenues.
The photo to your right shows the audience watching a Live at the Gantries performance in Long Island City in a prior year. Click here for the Long Island City LIC Neighborhood section of this site.
The concerts begin at 7 pm every Tuesday from July 12 - August 16, 2022 at LIC Landing which is just below the gantries.
- Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - Brass Queens
- Tuesday, July 19, 2022 - Mariachi Real De Mexico
- Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - Zikrayat
- Tuesday, August 2, 2022 - Slavic Soul Party
- Tuesday, August 9, 2022 - Gerardo Contino
- Tuesday, August 16, 2022 - Sofia Rei
Contact / Sponsors. According to the KupferbergCenter.org website - "... This free concert series is supported by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, and Plaxall, Inc. Season support for all Kupferberg activities is provided by New York Community Bank and Resorts World NYC. This program is also supported, in part, by public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council..."
CULTURE LAB hosts free concerts during the summer. www.culturelablic.org.
TBA _ Queensbridge Park - SummerStage Concerts
Free Things To Do In LIC Queens - Free Summer Concerts in Queensbridge Park
SUMMERSTAGE HAS PERFORMED HERE IN PRIOR YEARS BUT NOT SINCE THE PANDEMIC BEGAN. The following event was from a prior year.
- Thursday, July 12, 2018 beginning at 7 pm / Free - Systema Solar / Very Be Careful, in association with the Latin Alternative Music Conference.
TBA _ Free Summer Concerts at Rockaway Beach at 94th Street
Free Things To Do In the Rockaways - Free Concerts in the Rockaways Queens NYC
WE DIDN'T FIND ANY CONCERTS FOR SUMMER 2021. BUT THE ROCKAWAY HOTEL at 108-10 Rockaway Beach Drive in Rockway, Queens does host some evening events on their rooftop beginning between 6 and 8 pm.
THE FOLLOWING IS A SAMPLE OF PRIOR EVENTS IN 2018.
Click here to view a map of O'Donahue Park in the Rockaways [TBD] near Beach 94th Street off Shorefront Parkway in Rockaway Beach. The following is a schedule of summer concerts in the Rockaways. The concerts run from 7.30 to 9 pm at Beach 94th Street, off Shorefront Parkway in Rockaway Beach.
- Concerts started in July 2018
- Wednesday, August 1, 2018 - Live Acoustic Rock & Roll Band - concerts run from 7.30 to 9 pm in Rockaway Beach at 94th Street.
TBA _ Springfield Park in South Jamaica Queens
Free Things To Do In Queens - Free SummerStage / Summer Concerts in Springfield Park in Queens NYC
Click here to view a Springfield Park map - TBD.
The following is a schedule of summer concerts in Springfield Park at 184th Street and 146th Terrace in Springfield Gardens & South Jamaica Queens.
SO FAR NOTHING IN 2021.
- July 5, 2017 from 7 - 9 pm / Free - Just Sole! Street Dance Theater Company / Pretty BIG Movement - featuring "Spirited hip-hop dance crews inspire while defying stereotypes and starts with dance workshop."
* Nothing Scheduled for 2022 _ Queens Blvd & 46th Street - Free Concerts In Sunnyside 2022
Don't Yet Know if the Bix Beiderbecke Concert Will Remain on Hiatus in Sunnyside, Queens NYC?
Editor's Note. I just heard that Paul Maringelli, the Founder of the Bix Biederbecke concert series, passed away sometime between 2020 and the summer of 2022. We mourn his passing.
Location. At 46th Street under the subway tracks along Queens Blvd in Sunnyside.
- Tuesday, August 7, 2018 from 4 to 9 pm - Bix Biederbecke Memorial Jazz Concert - free jazz concert in memoriam of short-lived jazz musician Bix Beiderbecke who lived in Sunnyside only blocks away.
* Windmuller Park & Sargeant Collins Park - Concerts Discontinued - BUT
Queens Boro Dance Festival Coming to Windmuller Park in July
Free Things To Do In Sunnyside & Woodside / Queensboro Dance Festival in Windmuller Park in Queens NYC
Location. Windmuller Park is located between 39th Drive and 39th Road and between 52nd and Woodside Avenue / 56th Street in Woodside / near Sunnyside.
The photo to your right shows a live concert by a big band group at Windmuller Park in Woodside many years ago, but these bandshell concerts appear to have been put on hiatus.
- Saturday & Sunday, July 11 & 12, 2022 from 6 - 7.30 pm respectively - Queensboro Dance Festival - Performances by a half dozen or more different local dance groups participating in the Queensboro Dance Festival. Free.
Click here for the Woodside Sunnyside Neighborhood section of this site.
There was a schedule of summer concerts in Sargeant Collins Park in Woodside in 2015, but the organizers discontinued the concerts thereafter. In 2016 a group [may have been Queens World Film Festival but UNCONFIRMED as I can't remember for sure] began showing free summer movies in Woodside at Sargeant Collins Park. That too appears to have been discontinued.
At this point we're not expecting any free summer concerts in Sargeant Collins Park. And while no concerts are expected in Windmuller Park, the Queens Boro Dance Festival, as noted above, is expected to perform twice.
Queens - Free Summer Concerts In The Park 2022
Astoria, LIC, Long Island City, Sunnyside, Woodside, Jackson Heights, Corona, Flushing, Jamaica in Queens NYC
The following are links to the musical happenings / free concerts going on around the five boroughs of the city over the next couple of months.
Site Search Tips. 1) For best results, when typing in more than one word, use quotation marks - eg "Astoria Park". 2) Also try either singular or plural words when searching for a specific item such as "gym" or "gyms".
Click this link to search for something in our Queens Business Directory containing over 1,000 listings.
Send this story to a friend by filling in the appropriate box below.