Click these links to move down the page to view maps of: 1) Jamaica shops & restaurants and 2) Jamaica Attractions. Instructions on how to manipulate map are located at the bottom of this page. Click here for a current list of things to do in Queens.
Jamaica Shops & Restaurants Map
Click this link to go to the Jamaica Shopping Center. Click these links to view the home pages of shops licensing a presence on this site or stories about local merchants and restaurants.
- Banks - Ponce De Leon Bank Astoria / Jackson Heights
- Bath & Kitchen Tile - Sinks & Stones LIC
- Bicycles in Queens - Tony's Bikes LIC
- Mens Clothing - Esquire of Astoria
- Motorbikes - Vespa Queens in LIC
- Wedding Halls In Queens - The Foundry LIC
- Wine In Queens - Lowerys in Sunnyside
- York College Performing Arts Center - Jamaica
Click this link to go to the Jamaica Restaurants section of this site.
Scroll Down For Transit Info
Jamaica Attractions - With Links To Either Stories Or Individual Maps
- Afrikan Poetry Society
- JCAL - Jamaica Center for Arts & Learning
- JPAC - Jamaica Performing Arts Center
- Jamaica Farmers Markets
- Jamaica Hospital & Medical Center
- Jamaica Train Station / Transit Hub for JFK Airtrain
- King Manor Museum & King Park
- Post Offices
- Queens Central Library - Jamaica
- Queens Hospital
- Roy Wilkins Park
- York College
RELATED LINKS. Click this link to go to the Jamaica Neighborhood News.
AREA TRANSIT INFO / DIRECTIONS
1) From NYC & Brooklyn. From midtown / uptown NYC take the #E subway heading to Jamaica Center / Parsons Archer and get off at Sutphin Blvd / Archer Ave / JFK Airport or the last stop. From lower Manhattan / Brooklyn take the J or the Z subway lines to Jamaica Center / Parsons Archer and get off at Sutphin Blvd / Archer Ave / JFK Airport or the last stop. Click this link to directly to MTA subway maps or the MTA bus maps [FYI - slow loading pdf].
2) From Queens. From Astoria take the N or W down to the #7 at Queensboro Plaza and transfer onto the #7. Transfer to the E subway at 74 St / Broadway / Jackson Hts / Roosevelt Ave and take the E line to either the Sutphin Blvd / Archer Ave / JFK Airport or the last stop which is Jamaica Center / Parsons Archer.
3) From LI [& NYC]: This one is simple as you take the LIRR to the Jamaica Station [or for NYC from Penn Station] and you're there.
4) By CAR. From NYC take the Midtown tunnel to the Long Island Expressway [LIE] or from Brooklyn take the Brooklyn Queens Expressway [BQE] to the LIE or from Long Island get on the LIE. Then take the LIE to the Van Wyck Expressway [US 678] and get off at Exit 6 [Hillside Avenue / Jamaica Avenue]. Click this link for more detailed info on the BQE and LIE exits.
To Manipulate Map
- To move the map, click on it, hold the cursor down, and move the map using the hand cursor.
- Click the boxes with the + / - signs in them [see upper left corner of map] to zoom in or out.
- Click on marker to view location details.
- Click on the box labeled 'satellite' [see upper right map corner] for satellite view.
Site Search Tips. 1) For best results, when typing in more than one word, use quotation marks - eg "Astoria Park", 2) Also try either singular or plural words when searching for a specific item such as "gym" or "gyms".
Click this link to search for something in our Queens Business Directory containing over 1,000 listings.
Send this story to a friend - Fill in the appropriate box below.